SOMEONE HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 5, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

I am so frustrated. I've been having a BAD flare up for the last 2 months and it's driving me mad. Can anyone tell me if they get horrible pain across their diaphram(it's located below the breast bone, above the stoamch area). It feels like burning, pressure and an awful gnawing pain. This is a fairly new symptom and if anyone feels this pain I would really appreciate some feedback as to what may help it ease up abit.
    Thanks,
    Tes
  2. tes

tes New Member

I am so frustrated. I've been having a BAD flare up for the last 2 months and it's driving me mad. Can anyone tell me if they get horrible pain across their diaphram(it's located below the breast bone, above the stoamch area). It feels like burning, pressure and an awful gnawing pain. This is a fairly new symptom and if anyone feels this pain I would really appreciate some feedback as to what may help it ease up abit.
    Thanks,
    Tes
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I am not a medical professional by any stretch of the imagination, but it sounds to me a lot like gastric reflux. If you have been on pain meds or anti inflamatories for any length of time, you have probably deep-fried your digestive system. Try an antacid and sit up afterward for at least 30 minutes. If it helps, that is most likely your problem. If it does not help, it may be something more serious and you should probably get checked out.
    Hope it works,
    Kathryn
  4. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I'm not in the medical profession, but it sure sounds like it could be ulcer symptoms. When I had one, it was exactly like what you're describing. Maybe one of your meds (if you're on any) could be causing it, or anxiety will do it too. Try taking Tagamet and see if it helps. Good luck.

Regina
  5. vloga

vloga New Member

Hi tes.

Sounds like it could be a stomach ulcer. I've had them lots. When it got really bad I went to the dr. He gave me antibiotics (3 lots) to take over 12 weeks, and it cleared up. Bliss...

Hope it works for you.

Vloga
  6. Thella

Thella New Member

It sounds like acid reflux. But see a dr. because if you take the antacids and it is reflux all they do is stop the pain and the acid is still there and can really do damage to your esophigus. Major surgery if it is not caught in time. Also if it should be an ulcer they can fix it with anti biotics before it gets really bad.
    thella
  7. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Had the same problem about 10 yrs ago and was hospitalized for Severe Pain and Was Dehydrated from throwing up

Doctor ordered Test After Test. Even came back to hospital room one time and Nurse said 'We have to Prep You For Surgery'. I Said "No Way Lady - I Want A Second Opinion!"

Went to 4 different doctors over the course of 4 months and finally An Internist did an Endoscopy and Diagnosed Me With 'H Pylori Bacteria'

It was an Ulcer. 6 weeks of Flagyl and Pepto Bismol (only liquid back then - no Pills) I was 'Good As New'.

When I begin to hurt in that area I pop a few Peptos' for about 2 to 3 days and I'm Ok!

Gentleness
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Someone else had a question like this, and I told her that when I went for a colonoscopy last year I asked the doctor about the pain I had under my breast. He said that your intestines go up that far, and it can be feces backed up in that part of the intestine. I always get the pain when I eat too much.

Annette2
  9. JP

JP New Member

The gallbladder can play a part too. This pain usually comes on at night. If you have an attack, or pass a stone, the next few days are terrible. It feels like you have been kicked in the solar plexus by a mule.

Hope it passes soon...
  10. jami117

jami117 New Member

Hi Tes - Two other ideas you might want to follow up on are testing for endrometriosis and testing for paracites. I've had both those problems and the pains were similar. Good luck finding the cause and getting the cure! Jami
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We should never assume a new symptom is related to our illnesses, even if it seems common amongst us. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Love, Mikie
  12. JimB

JimB New Member

Hey Tes!
    It's called acid reflux.(I had an ulser many years ago and it's different). I have acid reflux too. I grab the Rolaids,mylanta or what ever antacid is closest,.. as FAST as I can. What a relief! Also a small glass of milk will stop it. Dr.s have medicines to stop it and heal it.
    Jim B.
  13. epicurean

epicurean New Member

pay attention when it is painfull-is it on a empty stomach-after you eat,does it go away after you eat,etc.Its important to know these things when you see Dr. so he can diagnosis it correctlly
  14. diamond5

diamond5 New Member

i belive someone else said this too but i would go to the dr. of course but the pain you described sounds like the pain i had with my galbladder years ago. does the hard pain come and go like say labor pains would.. but in the mean time you feel crampy , nausous and just like you are going to die.. my pain was like this and like what you said it was under my breast bone and sorta to my right under my ribs.. hope you are feeling better now
    karen
  15. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

You cannot take tagamet(especially) or even some of the other antacids with certain prescription medications. I would also advise you to see your doctor first. That's very important. Hope you find a good solution and feel better soon.