Someone please give me some advice Worse day so far

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelle16, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hi
    I'm new to this message board. I'm ususally at work at this time.I have not felt good the whole weekend but as you know you learn to deal and go own.But today when I awoke I fealt like a truck had run over me.I've tried all the usual things to get rid of pain but nothing is working.Does anyone have any suggestion.Right now all I'm taking is Elavil at night $ Wellbutrin in the daytime.(for weight loss)which is not working.This is the first time I have missed work in 6 months and now I'm so down on myself because I didn't go.Any suggestions or thoughts will be greatly appreciated As all of you know nobody can truelly understand if they don't experience it for their selves.

Thanks for listening.
  2. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hi
    I'm new to this message board. I'm ususally at work at this time.I have not felt good the whole weekend but as you know you learn to deal and go own.But today when I awoke I fealt like a truck had run over me.I've tried all the usual things to get rid of pain but nothing is working.Does anyone have any suggestion.Right now all I'm taking is Elavil at night $ Wellbutrin in the daytime.(for weight loss)which is not working.This is the first time I have missed work in 6 months and now I'm so down on myself because I didn't go.Any suggestions or thoughts will be greatly appreciated As all of you know nobody can truelly understand if they don't experience it for their selves.

Thanks for listening.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Shelle:

It sounds to me like you are having a flare. I haven't had one in awhile, but the last time I was off on a Friday and in bed for the next three days. It was so depressing and I remembered crying. But if this is the first time you have missed work in six months, then maybe you are doing better than you think. Of course you are probably like me in that just because you have been going to work doesn't mean that you have felt really well that day. All you can do right now is give your body a rest.

I take Elavil and melatonin at night to help me sleep, plus I take Ultracet for pain every six hours if I need it. I don't take it that often, just at bedtime and if I am having more pain than normal during the day. Is Wellbutrin a pain medication? I was thinking it was not. If you are not on a pain medication, I would contact your doctor and see if he or she can prescribe something. The Ultracet helped me for awhile, then I think I became immune to it and my doctor doubled my dosage, which helped.

Another thing you might try is to soak in the tub with epsom salts. I'm not sure how much you need to add, but I remembered someone else on this board saying three cups.
    But try laying in the tub for awhile and relaxing and see if this helps.

Let us know how you are doing-we are here for you!

Ellen
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and I feel so guilty when this happens, but everybody at work knows that I come to work dead tired and in terrible pain nearly every day, so they're cool with it. I am not indispensable...they get along fine without me! I have to do what's right for me. Heck, I couldn't even get outta bed by myself today...it's really bad! Take it one day at a time...good days are ahead.
    Love and best wishes!
    Kady
  5. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I know that truck! You just have to call the wrecker to help pick up the pieces. When I'm in a flare, like today, I become my own pharmacist(probably not a great idea but seems reasonable at the time). Or you can try a hot bath, relaxing music, meditation, or anything that soothes your body, mind, and spirit. Don't be so hard on yourself for missing work. I have called in several times only to discover that they survived without me, darn it.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. Hugs, Lisa
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

So Sorry to here that darn truck visited you--he seems to get around most nites. I think you were wise to take the day off. Sometimes, stopping, and recouping can keep it from getting so far out of hand that it incapacitates you for so much longer. You sound like a very loyal employee, missing a day in 6 months is not something to beat yourself up over. Pamper yourself, and don't push too hard the next few days. Please let us know how you are feeling.
    Karen