Someone said something about filling out surveys for extra cash??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Just wondering if someone can point those of us interested in the right direction :D
  2. tdavis1

tdavis1 New Member

I tried it and it was a scam, and it ruined my computer with all the non-sense e-mails I started recieving
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Yikes. Sorrry about your experience. Thanks for letting us know to be ware.
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

awful e-mails
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

A way to make money at a market research place(not on line) is a focus group.They usually are looking for a very special thing so it's generally just once.On line you can get magazines and such from harrispoll.These are all legit.The others as you saw are just looking for email addresses.(hope this is clear enough,brain fog this morning
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

a former employee who is making great money doing in-home transcribing. She uses headphones and a foot pedal and types transcripts from courts, types manuscripts, she tried doing medical but the terminology was too tough. She did a search for typing jobs and does work for 3 different companies. She said she is making between $400 and $500 a week, taking care of a two year old and going to college full time. I'm thinking of doing it if I ever have to leave my job..
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

What companies does she work for? It seems like a lot of them are scams too.
  8. beaniej

beaniej New Member

I joined about 40 survey companies last March in hopes of making some money. I started out taking about 10 surveys per week. I now take about 5 surveys per week. Only once did I get paid - $3.00!! Often times when you complete a survey, you are entered into a drawing for $100 or $250 or $1,000; I have not been lucky in winning any money in those drawings. Other companies give you "points" for each survey taken and eventually you will have enough points to cash in for a radio or some other small prize. Several times I tried out new products, at no cost to me; that was kind of fun. But overall, I'm not sure it is worth your time. It surely hasn't been worth mine.

Take care.

Jane
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Rapid text.. I don't know the names of the other two..
  10. damz68

damz68 New Member

Man I have looked into every possible way to make a living at home and I have come up with nothing. I think E-bay is probally the best bet, but you can lose on that too.

I think the best way to make money would to be one of those that pulls the scam. It does take a special kind of person to do that, if your not that special it could effect your sleep. I am having enough problems sleeping!
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I agree with beaniej, I had the exact same experience, a whole lot for way to little.o income to speak about.
    And I need plain cash to pay my bills, not rewards.[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]