Someone was watching over me today... sprained ankle.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Dec 15, 2005.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Well, silly me, I thought I could actually walk down porch steps quickly like a normal human being. No such luck, I slipped on the last step and did a big belly-flop into the snow. I heard a loud "snap" in the process. I thought for sure I'd broken my foot -- it even looked like a bone was poking out. Scrambled to get my 4yo over to the ER with me, driving with the "broken" foot -- and, oh yeah, it was drizzling sleet outside.

The topper was I've spent the last few days in a big, fat flare. I've hurt all over -- suspect it was my son's cold germs working their magic in me. Even took a hot-hot shower last night and this morning to loosen up some of my joints. So much pain.

But something strange happened as I was driving to the ER. All of my fear and pain just disappeared (other than the pain in my foot, that is.) I suddenly felt perfectly capable of handling this big disaster. I wasn't even afraid of the weather.

When we got to the ER, a big golden dog came in through the automatic doors and immediately gave my son a kiss. Then he looked at me as if to say, "Everything is going to be all right." Just then, someone grabbed his collar and tried to put him back out. But I said out loud, not being able to stop the thought from popping out of my mouth, "That dog is an angel that came here to make us feel better." My son thought that was cool. They still put the dog out, of course :).

Weird. No pain except for foot. No stress. No fear. I was convinced my foot was broken, but it turns out to be a sprain. I drove home in a cheery mood, wearing my air cast, and am still pain free right now. Very strange afternoon :)!
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

just Wow!!

I'm glad it wasn't broken.. hope the pain stays away!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is a great gift for you!jodie