Someone with CFS, I have a question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetClo, May 2, 2003.

1. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I haven't been diagnosed with CFS only FM, but I'm beginning to think I have both. I've looked up several sites and read the symptoms, and I have most of them. But one site listed "tight bands" as a symptom. Can somebody tell me what that means? Is it like muscle spasms?

Thanks for your help.
    Annette
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am not sure what you mean by tight bands, but I have had muscle spasms big time.
    All I can tell you is that the spasms hurt excessively. Have you ever had a 'Charley Horse' in the calf of your leg? If so, that is a muscle spasm. I get them in the upper back and shoulders.

The tight band to me would be like a severe sinus headache, when you feel like there is a band tightening around your head, and the pain just gets worst and worst.

The board is moving very fast today, and your post was on the second page, so this is a post and a bump for you!

Hope someone else can be more clear than I am.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

I have CFS and get a tight band feeling around my head sometimes. It feels like a vise sqeezing my head. I'm not sure if that is the meaning but its the only thing I can think of that I get like that. If you dont get that it is by no means something you have to have to have CFS. The fatigue and exercise intolerance are the biggest factors, also flu like ache and headaches. If you have had fatigue for over six months and four of the other symptoms for Chronic Fatigue you might want to talk to your doctor about it.

Gardengrow
  4. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

when I read the symptoms, it didn't elaborate on the bands, it just listed that as symptom. I know I have heard some of you talking about the cfs equivalant to our tender points, so I thought maybe that was it. I'm going to keep researching and definitely mention it to the doctor this month.

Thanks again
    Hugs
    Annette