Someone Wrote about Palmer's Olive Butter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, May 18, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

I may have the type wrong, but it was Palmer's. I bought the Palmer's OLive Butter Formula with vitamin E. Now it appears to me that it is a no-no. Olives and olive oil are on the list of things to avoid.

Really like this stuff and it works well. Is the cocoa butter OK?

Any suggestions. I know that while essential oils are basically off the list, a couple of drops in bath water are OK.

Any advice would be appreciated.

janieb
  2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Why would olives & olive oil be on a list of things to avoid? What list are you referring to?

Roseblossom

3. janieb

janieb New Member

Fibroumyalgia Treatment Center, Inc. There are 8 pages and the title on the page is "One Thousand of the Most Common Natural Salicylates to Avoid." It says it comes from the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia and it's Appendix 1. It says they can be eaten as foods, but should not be used in products that get applied to your skin. It lists every essential oil I have, and I have lots of them. The web page was http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/1000sals.htm.

We love essential oils and have always used them alot. I've been told to check every product that touches my skin, makeup, cleaning supplies, even toilet tissue.

Help set me straight, please. I really want to hear this list is wrong.

janieb
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

My container of Palmer's lists Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the front and olive oil and olives are on that list of 1,000 things to avoid.

The list I quoted tells us all the things we need to avoid; things that contain salicylates. Most essential oils are derived from plants and the list contains things like lavendar,birch, bayberry, mint, and olive and olive oil, etc.

It even tells us to wear gloves when gardening.

I'm trying to use the guai protocol for fibromyalgia, and therefore most of what I've read is by Dr. Paul St. Armand. I feel like I'm writing to the wrong group. Is that possible?

janieb
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  5. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I see now.

I didn't understand what you meant.

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and olive oil is great for me.

Good luck with your protocol and let us know if it makes you feel better! I know many here have had good luck with it.

Roseblossom
  6. janieb

janieb New Member

Really forgot that not everyone on this site has fibro and not everyone is using the guai protocol. Thanks for putting up with me and I definitely will let the group know how it goes. My understanding is this could take a long time. I'm also on an exercise program through our local Fitness Center.

janieb