Somersizing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amymb74, Dec 24, 2002.

1. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I know a lot of us are trying the suzanne somers diet (thank you mikie!) I see she has a new book out of just recipes - weren't sure if you all saw it yet. Amy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, I did see Suzanne's new book. It was my husband that was on her diet, and we sort of made the recipes up as he went along with the diet.

He lost 40 lbs in about two months on her diet. He was even able to eat out and still maintain the foods he could and couldn't have. At work also (he works for an oil company and is gone from home for weeks at a time).

He also took 'Chitosan' 500 milligrams 2 capsules before lunch and 2 capsules before supper. It also seemed to help too. Its sold here at Pro Health if you are interested (I bought the first bottle at HSN, and the cost was out of this world!, but Pro Health's are very reasonable by comparisons).

Wish you lots of luck with your diet. It is a great one.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Except for the teeth-grittingly cute pictures of her and her family and the intro, both books contain all recipes. I don't cook as much without Mom here, but I have found all kinds of ways to make my own stuff now that I have adopted the new lifestyle. For instance: Instead of ham and cheese sandwiches, I make ham rollups. Take two slices of deli ham and roll around a sick of string cheese. Heat in the microwave just enough to get the cheese all gooey. These are delicious and very satisfying. I really don't miss the bread at all.

You can chop up the ham and the cheese and make an omelet for breakfast.

One of my favorite recipes I made up after using the Syndrome X book is to take chicken breasts covered with provalone cheese slices and covered with a little marinara sauce. I make my own pesto sauce which I dollop on top of each breast and bake.

I make another Italian dish by mixing eggs with no fat cottage cheese and layering it in a baking dish with spaghetti sauce and sliced Italian sausage which I've browned. I sprinkle with parmasan cheese.

There are a few carbs in the tomato sauce as I use processed without any problems for convenience. It would be even healthier if one were to make the sauce from scratch.

I try to use garlic, onions, celery, and cinnamon in as many dishes as I can as they are good for insulin resistance. I mix my whey with no fat cottage cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon. It's my immune-boosting pudding.

Bon Apetit!

Love, Mikie