Something else I'm going to try...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat_tastrophe, Oct 26, 2005.

1. kat_tastrophe

kat_tastrophe New Member

Background on me...I have had severe allergies and excema since birth.

My Mom and Dad used to put Dad's socks on my hands, roll them up my arms and safety pin them to my pajamas at the shoulders so I couldn't get them off and itch myself in bed at night.

I was completely allergic to everything...cows milk (I drank goat milk), eggs, wheat and everythig and anything that contained any of them. I was also allergic to all fruits except apples & grapes and dang near everything else in the world. If we went to a fast food place, my Mom ordered me a plain hamburger patty with no bread - so I guess I was doing Atkins at an extremely early age! LOL!

I have outgrown a lot of these allergies, but my excema hasn't really gotten much better.

About 7 years ago, my brother, who has severe asthma, started to see a doctor in Mexico that he was referred to. As his asthma improved he noticed his skin/excema improved as well. So, I started going. My skin got noticibly better, and as it improved, I started using the medicine less and less (that is the goal of these doctors. they say "Our goal is to get you to where you don't need us anymore").

Their clinic specializes in Allergies and Arthritis, so I'm going to go see them for my FMS and see if they can help.

It's two brother who own this clinic, and they are medical doctors, (educated in Italy the US and Mexico) who live in San Diego part of the year and Italy part of the year.

Has anyone else crossed borders for treatments? I figure I'll give it a shot - can't hurt!

Have a great day!

~Kat
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Nope, haven't crossed the boarders yet, but that's not to say I wouldn't. Just wondering if you would share what you found to help your Eczema. I have severe Eczema too, and would welcome your suggestions. Thank you.
  3. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I'd go to the end of the earth if there were a cure for fibro!!

It's interesting.. Please update us if you decide to go.

Sharon
  4. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Kat--

My 54-year-old brother-in-law had horrible excema and psoriasis (sp?) his entire life. He is a nurse at a hospital in a large city and has access to great doctors, but no one was able to help him. He tried literally everything. His arms and legs were so bad that he hadn't worn a short-sleeve shirt or shorts out of the house in years.

About a year ago he started having trouble with arthritis in his hands. Oral meds didn't help much so he began taking a weekly injection of a stronger arthritis med. Not only did it help his arthritis, but it almost COMPLETELY cleared up his excema and psoriasis!! His doctors were shocked, and his dermatologist is now using the arthritis med for his other severe patients!

I wish I knew the name of the medication. If you want to know, post a reply here and I'll ask him about it.

Good luck!

Kathy
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

If it's not too much bother, I would like to know what the arthritis injection your brother received that helped his ECZEMA. I can control mine with steroid based creams but would prefer to find an alternative. I use Essential Fatty Acids, Selenium, Zinc, Cod Liver Oil, Flax Seed Oil (About the best natural help I've tried), Coconut oil, and about a zillion other supplements.

So yes, please ask what his injections are if you are able. Thanks.
  6. kat_tastrophe

kat_tastrophe New Member

and it's called Clinica Carrillo. They have a web site which is: http://www.clinicacarrillo.com/

~Kat
  7. kat_tastrophe

kat_tastrophe New Member

The only weird thing is that they make their own medicines, which is why they aren't in the US - no FDA approval in Mexico. The hold the patent on their meds. I actually have no idea what is in them, I just know it hasn't harmed me in any way - and it's done nothing but help. I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my excema because of this stuff.

They aren't injections - they are pills. I went to my initial appointment, then did my refills through the mail. All follow-up is done via e-mail.

Like I said, it's sure helped my excema, so I'm excited to go again for this FMS. They treat arthritis, so I'm hoping they can help me with this as well.

~Kat
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2005]