Something funny - Aisle 7 :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mbofov, Dec 21, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Member

I was getting depressed with NRA's call for MORE guns in schools, and Obama proposing big SS cuts, and then my brother sent this to me (I needed it!):

A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart. The husband picks up a ...case of Miller Lite and puts it in their cart.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife. 'They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans', he replies. 'Put them back, it's a waste of money', demands the wife, and so he does and they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along, the woman picks up a $20 jar of ...face cream and puts it in the basket.

What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband... "It's my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Miller Lite and it's half the price....'

HUSBAND DOWN, AISLE 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

We need some laughs..

I'm working on NOT worrying about the SS issue, I believe all will work out for OUR better good.

The guns, good grief....jam
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

About the proposed new formula for cost-of-living increases for SS. It's not that they are cutting SS itself; they are proposing a different way of formulating the COLAs which would result in less. As it is, after the increase in Part B Medicare, there is darn little increase.

I suggested to Sen. Nelson that they do away with the cap on SS taxes so that those making more money not be able to stop paying into it before the end of the year. Also, means testing could be used to factor into COLAs. There's a lot they can do instead of what is proposed.

Besides, SS isn't part of our nat'l debt except the fact that the govt. must pay interest on what they borrowed from the fund. SS should NOT be part of any debt cuts. Medicare and Medicaid are different situations.

Write to your reps and sens and AARP. This is the worst idea ever proposed.

Love, Mikie
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

and called many 202 numbers and left my message on their loaded voicemail machines....

I tell them also where to cut most....