SOMETHING I DRINK THAT HELPS FM. A LITTLE JELLO GOES A LONG WAY..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JimFM, Sep 30, 2006.

1. JimFM

JimFM New Member

WE ALL NEED TO DRINK UP SOME GOOD FLUIDS EACH DAY THIS ONE I FOUND TO HELP MY HEALTH AND IT'S GOT A GREAT TASTE.

WELL GANG I HAVE FOUND A GREAT VALUE IN THIS SIMPLE DRINK MIX AND IT'S SUPER EASY TO USE. HERE IS HOW IT'S MADE. BY TAKING A ONE GAL MILK BOTTLE (PLASTIC) AND WASHING IT OUT CLEAN.
    THEN MAKING UP TWO STANDARD SIZE BOXES OF JELLO ORANGE SEEMS TO BE THE BEST ONE I, LIKE.

AFTER I MAKE IT TO THE BOIL POINT WELL MIXED AND READY FOR THE FINAL POINT WERE IT SHOULD GO INTO A BOWL WITH COLD WATER ADDED TO SET UP 2 CUP'S OF IT WELL I STOP.. I DUMP IT ALL INTO THE MILK CARTON AND ADD COLD WATER UP TO THE TOP. FILLS IT UP TO ABOUT 3/4 FULL AND STOPS DUE TO THE FOAM. NOW AT 3/4 FULL I PUT THIS MIX RIGHT INTO THE FRIG TO COOL DOWN FOR ABOUT 2 HRS. AND EVERY DAY I WILL TAKE A GLASS OF 6 OZ OR SO AND DRINK IT SOME DAYS 3X OTHERS 4X. EACH DAY. IT SEEMS LIKE WHEN I DO MY BODY FEEDS OFF IT FAST AND I FEEL BEST WITH IT'S USE. GIVE IT A TRY AND LET US KMOW WHAT YOU THINK. IT'S BETTER THAN THE OLD MY PAIN NEVER GOES AWAY SPEACH TO COME UP AND SHARE WHAT WE DO TO HLEP THAN TAKE PLACE IN SO MUCH OF THE SAME OLD SAME OLD. LIKE THEY SAY IF IT WORKED GO BACK TO WHAT WORKED WHEN YOU DID FELL THE BEST AND DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN.

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL TONIGHT.

GOOD LUCK AND PEACE BE WITH YOU.
    IM NEW YET NOT TO WRITING THOUGHTS.
    JIM FM.
  2. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

Thanks, Jim! I will definately give it a try. Thank you for sharing something that has helped you. Sure hope it continues!

Sandy
  3. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I've been looking for something not carbonated and sweet without being overpowering. I love this idea, thank you so much,

Jana
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

When my children were infants and toddlers, and were sick, their pediatrician would tell me to fix a pitcher of Jello water and put in their bottle/sippy cup and have them drink it.

As far as helping adults, I imagine the gelatin works the same as the gelatin capsules that I take. On the bottle of the gelatin caps, it states that it is good for "bone health"; however, I take it for my weak nails--which it helps!!

However, I haven't been as lucky as you as far as the gelatin helping my daily aches and pains!

Glad that you found something which helps you, though, and it's great that it's so inexpensive!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. Joybear

Joybear Member

This sounds a wonderful idea. Never heard of it before. Definitely want to try it.

How much do your standard boxes of Jello contain. I'm in New Zealand and we might have different sizes :) Or is it not really important, more strength of flavour.

Hope you are having a good day.

Regards,
    Karen
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I see that you are new .... welcome to our board!!

I just wanted to pass on a tip and hope you don't take offense!

It is preferred that you do not type your message in all caps!

It is really hard on the eyes when reading it.

Hugs,
    Janet
  7. Thanks for the interesting idea. I am trying to give up the one or two decaf cokes I drink. This sounds like a good idea. I assume its the bigger box of jello of the two sizes not the smaller one.

And by the way WELCOME to this board. I hope you enjoy all the great info here.
  8. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

When we make it as a dessert, we use different colours. Mix one box, put it in the fridge to set, then make the next one and put it on top when the first layer is almost set, and so on. It looks pretty in a glass bowl, the different colours look like a rainbow.

When my son had chicken pox about 3 years back he was very ill, it was all he would eat for a few days.
  9. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

I use to babysit for my neighbors where I grew up when I was a teen. She use to make the SAME exact drink for her kids. And their nails were so healthy from the gelatin LOL (and hair). Anyway, I tried it and it was pretty good actually (tasty).
    This brough back some memories for me thast for sure LOL
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was just talking to a guy the other day that told me he thought my condition may be improved by using gelatin. He said that vegetarians are often short of gelatin.

Could be!

Love Anne