Something I have to share.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, May 21, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I appreciated so much all the kind and wonderful messages I got from you all when My Mom died on April 29th. It was the worst day of my life.

Some of you asked me what happened to her, and I just wanted to share this.

Her lungs collapsed, which caused her heart to stop, they revived her, but it took so long, and they told us she was brain dead, and she was on life support. We had them take her off it. We were all there to watch her pass away, we were kissing her and holding her hands. It was so sad. I would not wish anyone to have to watch anyone they love so much die.

She had lung disease,but had only been diagnosed 2 months prior to her death, and she was not very sick with it, was on oxygen which seemed to be doing well for her. It was all too sudden. The doctor thinks she got an infection that triggered the entire process. I cannot believe she is gone. Mothers Day was so sad.

Thanks again for you all and your kindness. It is so appreciated.

I had told you how my boss and his wife had not told my
    co-workers my Mom had died, and when I got back from my week off (Mom was from another state) I got bombarded with questions about how was my "vacation". I dont think I can ever forgive my bosses for that.

Anyway, another co-worker's father in law, who was like a father to him, died a week later. This poor man had to work the day of the funeral, both before and after because he needs the money. Do you know what my boss said to him when he got back from the funeral?! "DID YOU GET HIM IN THE GROUND YET?" I cannot believe the stupidity of these people. If he had said that to me, about my Mom, I would have walked out the door and never returned.

Thanks again to you all for your support. My Fibro has been bothering me alot since I got back to work. Stress I guess.

Take care
    Pattie
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

That is not stupidity, that is just down right cruel. No one should be treated that way.

I'm with you, I would have walked out the door (with my head held high) and never looked back.

When will executives get it that corporations are made out of people, not machines. Even they are people even though they attempt to act like robots.

I'm so sorry regarding your mother's passing Pattie. I'm also sorry that your co-worker wasn't able to grieve because he had to serve the whims of the "powers that be".

Tigger <shaking her head back and forth>
  3. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I am so sorry for your mother's unexpected passing and the cruelty of your bosses.

I hope that time will help you deal with this loss. I don't think anyone ever really gets over losing their mother, but time and the good memories will make it easier to bear..

God Bless you,

julie (is free!)

Love bears all things.. - Paul
  4. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

You are right about my boss. He is clueless. And to Ouch..no he has not lost a loved one. His turn will come. Him and his wife, their lives center only on themselves. My husband keeps telling me that one day they will get theirs.

They dont pay if you are off for a funeral. How sad for my co-worker to have to work same day as that funeral. I cried when he told me what the boss said to him.

I have wanted to quit for a long time. I wish I was in a financial situation to do so. I was never ill till I worked for these people, I am wondering if the stress of my working for these kind of people could cause me to get Fibro?

I would love to do a work at home thing. I do a lot of ebay, wish I had a wholesale option to sell on there. I do a lot but not enough to quit my job.

Thanks again to you all for listening.

Pattie
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your Mom. I'm sure that Mother's Day was hard for you. My Mom's breast cancer returned last fall for the 3rd time and this time it has spread to her bones. I guess I am still in denial and think that she will be with me forever. We all still need our Mom's.

I am also sorry that you work for such a jerk. There are bosses that care and I hope you will find one that does. I can not understand people that are not compassionate.

Take good care of yourself.
  6. Scapper

Scapper New Member

So so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart was breaking for you as I read your story of your mother's illness.

Please find a way to cope for yourself and lean on the support in your life.

I'll keep you in my prayers and I'm hoping you'll find the strength to get out of that negative environment of a job you're in. Your boss sounds extremely difficult to work for. I know it's easier said than done.

Please take care of yourself -- extra, extra special during this time.

HUGS,
    scapper
  7. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I lost my dad in 2000, right before Christmas. Christmas was his favorite holiday. It will never be the same. He was only 53.

I feel for you. It is never easy to lose a loved one. I hope that you have a good support system in your family. You know you have one here. You'll be in my prayers.
  8. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Hi Patty...

I know the pain is UNBEARABLE...with losing your mom. I lost mine 7 years ago and I have not been the same since. She died 5 min. after my birthday was over. No one will ever take the place of dear mom....

My heart goes out to you...but remember you have her in your heart and she will always be with you in spirit, and you also have the great memories....

Dawn
  9. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Buckeye Tona here!

A great big YES stress brings on fibro and girl what goes around comes around so your boss better be watchin out!

Take care of yourself and I'm keepin and eye on Rushville for you,
    Hugz,
    Tona
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Pattie I am sorry there are people with out feeling we all have to tolerate.
    I have a question Did you say in one of your post that you work in a garden center?
    If you did and you got sick when you started working there it could be all the products they sell.I get very sick when I am around all that stuff.If I understand you do then, you also can go out on workmens comp and your bosses would have to pay while you are out.Just a thought.I may have dreamed you worked at a garden center if I did sorry
    If you do talk to your doctor.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The first couple of years when my pain of losing my Mom was so raw, I would take some flowers to a rest home on Mothers Day and ask them to give them to someone who didn't have kids nearby or any visitors. I remember doing it either on Mom's birthday or the anniversary of her death as well. Whenever you miss your Mom, just do something nice for someone and tell your Mom you are doing this kindness for her. This helped me and I hope it helps you too. God bless you and I pray for you and your family during this sad time.

Love, Mikie
  12. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I work in a landscape company, I am really not near the chemicals much. I just wonder if the stress is what has caused my fibro. I never felt so full of anxiety and stress, as I do working for the people I work for. There used to be a lot of fighting between the family members in the office. I am hoping I can get thru another 18 months, and may be able to afford to quit then. I am 51, I wonder what the chances of my getting SSD are? I have worked full time since I was 18. That is a lot of years. Thanks to you all.....Pattie