Something like a "living will" for our DD.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I was thinking and came up with this idea. Now I realize that is not necessarily a good thing, LOL.

What if we had something like a living will that does not necessarily have anything to do with dying but a document that spells out what we need under certain circumstances.

For instance, when I am bedbound, I may need to ask people to do some of my shopping or when I can not think of a word I need to say, please give me a few seconds to see if I can retrieve the word.

It could be much like the Letter To Normals but put in the context of a living will.

I don't know what we could call it and maybe I am just reinventing the wheel.

Anyone with suggestions? I would like to hear your feedback.

But thought I better write this down, before I forget.

I'm just brainstorming here.

2. pasara

pasara New Member

...maybe a "health help book"?

i had a mini version of this when i traveled to mexico last year. because i can become overloaded to the point where i cannot speak, or can get very weak suddenly, i carried a card/letter with me in English and Spanish saying what was wrong with me, that briefly listed the symptoms they might be observing, that clarified i'm not mentally ill or on drugs, what they can do to help me (primarily, help me find a quiet place to rest), and where i was staying and who to contact in an emergency.

as far as a living will, it is a good idea for all of us to have one of these too, whether we are sick or not.