Something natural for anxiety?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sandyz, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My 16 year old is a very shy kid and has social anxiety. He is already on Concerta for ADHD so his doctor doesn`t really want to add more meds. The social anxiety really does hold him back a lot. I was wondering if anyone knows of any supplements or anything like that would work for anxiety?

2. lease79

lease79 New Member

I'm nopt sure if it would go with his current meds, but I hear that St Johns Wort is supposed to be good.
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate them. He is very shy and quiet. Also I wonder sometimes if he doesn`t have Fm. He gets such bad sensory overload, it makes him anxious and feel kind of out of it.

I went through this too when I was young and I really had a hard time. I didn`t really do anything for mine, just lived with it but I should have gotten help. I so didn`t want him to go through this.

He does have a good group of 3 friends so that helps but I know he wants to meet more people. He hates feeling this anxiety and distrust of anyone new.

I`m going to try some of your suggestions. I already tried the calcium/magneseim today. I took some also, because all this is stressing me out.

Sandy
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

You might want to look it up, it's an amino acid.

My son took it while trying to get thru a semester in high school, one of 2 that he was able to complete. We didn't know it at the time, but he had Lyme... it showed up in him first neurologically as anxiety/depression.

At any rate, no matter the reason, it is supposed to help anxiety, and may be worth a try.

all the best,
    Victoria