Something new to ailments

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Aug 8, 2005.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My whole back has been hurting SO much. I had nerve conduction test and I flunked 1 out of 6 places - no electrical zaps.

My PCP decided that I needed an MRI of lower back. I had one and he went to the Boy Scout jamboree and didn't get back for 2 weeks so I waited. I had made an appointment for Sat. morning.

My hubby and I both went in. He got a model out of lumbar portion of spine and showed my just what has happened to justify all of my pain.

I have scoliosis and it is in an "S" curve. There is some arthritis in it also. It is twisted some and is pressing on the spinal column. There are nerves coming out of both sides of the #3, 4, 5, and 6th vertabra and all of them are being pinched. No wonder I am in pain!!!

Someone is to call me from his office with an appointment with a neuro. 50 mi. away. Maybe injections will work, maybe not. If not, some scraping of bones. PCP says I am too old for surgery and I agree.

Now I need for someone to check upper back as it hurts bad right now and when I sit in my recliner from the pressure of chair. I will ask neuro about it. I know that there is a neck vertabra out of place.

I hope and pray that somehow the pain can be relieved. My legs feel sometimes rather numb when I walk.

Thanks for listening and gentle hugs to all
  2. neen85

neen85 New Member

Mine was courtesy of a careless doctor. My Mom suffers with it horribly after a bad fall at a akating rink when she was younger. It is good that he cared enough to send you instead of just writing you off and ignoring your pain.

I hope you can get some relief! Daneen