something special for my mom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emily42897, Dec 12, 2005.

1. emily42897

emily42897 New Member

Hi everyone,

My mom suffers from CFS and had a rough day yesterday. She had felt at one point she didn't care about living anymore. (not "suicidal") What can I do for her that might cheer her up or help her out? I thought about flowers but didn't know if that would begin to cover it.

Thanks!
  2. emily42897

emily42897 New Member

Thanks, Kate. It is very frustrating to watch my mom have to go through this. I would do anything I could to cure her, but it is truly in God's hands.
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

What a great daughter! I'm thinkin... ok when I was at my worst.. the girls cleaning the house for me or making dinner would have been the best.. a nice soft pillow.. a soft blankie for couch lounging.. My daughter brought me a trashy novel one time and said mom.. you need to get your mind on something else!lol! Bubble bath.. or peroxide and epsten salt for bathing.. a scented candle to go along with it.. just knowing you understand will mean the world!!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Your mother already has something special -- you!

If my daughter wanted to do anything to cheer me up, it would be to fix dinner and clean up, or just straighten up the house. This is because it is those things that I can not easily do.

Does she need anything else done to prepare for Christmas?

You're a deer ... oops! I mean dear (I have Christmas on my mind!! LOL)

Holiday Hugs,
    Janet
  5. emily42897

emily42897 New Member

Thanks everyone, I think a nice card will be nice. And help with the fam Christmas gathering she's hosting at their house.