Something strange happened in my head

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DizzyS, Oct 20, 2007.

1. DizzyS

DizzyS New Member

I had a weird thing happen yesterday. I was waiting in the car for my hubby to come out and I suddenly felt strange in my head...sort of dazed, disoriented, woozy? Its hard to explain. I shook my head to try and clear it, and it did. Afterward I felt weak and couldn't think. I was just so scared I couldn't function. I felt fine in an hour or so.

I've had something similar happen before(lots of times in fact) but this felt more intense.

It always frightens me. I think stroke, aneurism, blood clot.

Anybody else have anything like this happen. Please say its just FM!
  2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

this soundslike fibro fog.I get shaky and everything.Have you experienced fibro fog before?? ruthie
  3. Tmaria

Tmaria New Member

Hi DizzyS: YES I have that often. It is very scary. I demanded an MRI of my head. DR says everything is normal.
    I too wish it would go away. Sometimes while this head thing is going on I temporarily loose site in my eyes.

Get Better!

4. pasara

pasara New Member

there are lots of forms of seizures. some very mild where the person is conscious. but feels confused or disoriented. do you have any "warnings" when this happens, such as a feeling of dread or any visual symptoms? also, do you get migraines or have hypoglycemia? do you see a pattern in what you are doing or where you are when this occurs? for example, does it almost always occur when you out shopping or in other highly stimulating environments? these all can give clues to what is going on. if this continues to concern you, you should talk to a neurologist about your symptoms.
  5. DizzyS

DizzyS New Member

pasara...I used to feel an "aura" like warning but that hasn't happened in a long time with these episodes. I would get a sense that something was going to happen! It happened maybe 3 times. Once I was talking to my dad on the phone and I told him " I don't feel right" then it happened...nausea, dazed, weak.

I had EEG done it was normal. MRI...normal. CT...normal. Thankfully I don't have that "warning" anymore...just the dazed feeling. I never knew about the concious(sp) seizures.

There is no pattern that I've noticed but I'll pay attention now.

I go in a couple weeks to a new rheumy, I pray she can help me. I'll let you all know. is terrible. The pain I get I can tolerate because I know the cause, but with the wozziness and lightheadedness I get its frightening not knowing why!

Ruthie...I've never had fog like this unless I'm not sure of how it feels. I thought fog was forgetting words, where you are going, what you are looking for, etc?
  6. kjade

kjade New Member

Yes this happens to me all the time, what you describe. Especially when driving which is particularly scary. I feel like I'm just zoning out. And have to just "snap out of it". Then I panic.

I had brain MRI a couple months ago and it was normal (except for unexplained "white spots"). I get really woozy and off balance when I'm in a store - any store. I don't know if it's the noise, or the lights or confusion? I hate it! Last night we were in a store and a guy dropped something - I jumped so bad and my heart wouldn't stop pounding. Over a little noise?
  7. scarletpoppy

scarletpoppy New Member

I have just read what you all say and can so relate to it all. Finally in 5 years I have "met" some people who know what it's like. No one could understand what I was saying about "feeling funny" in the head. I don't understand it myself, but have tried to find answers. Has anyone found any answers? Please let me know. I really long for a scientific explanation to these symptoms.
  8. scarletpoppy

scarletpoppy New Member

No, I really don't think it is vertigo, like having an impression of movement in space or objects moving around you. I don't experience a loss of equilibrium. Have not found any middle ear problems. It comes and goes, not there all the time.
  9. Chelz

Chelz New Member

DizzyS, yes this has happened to me, and it freaked me out. It has only happened a few times for me. I also felt weak, but I think I experienced a slight anxiety attack after it happend.

I was actually at work the first time it happend about 2 years ago. I was also fine in about half an hour, but the freaky feeling as to why I had it in the first place remained and I felt panicky for several hours afterwards. Because this happened to me at work while waiting for an elevator, I had to compose myself, not easy, I just didn't want to draw any attention to myself. I work in a hospital, and I didn't want anyone to call a "Code Blue" on me. I think that is why I became more panicked, if that makes any sense at all. I did not go into the elevator, there are some chairs located right across the elevator, I just sat down there until it passed. Thank goodness my boss wasn't around :)

There wasn't any commotion going on either, it just happened that quickly. This may be an FM thing, look at all the weird sensations, pains, fatigue we experience. I wouldn't worry too much about this, but if it does happen very often for you, just for your peace of mind, mention it to your doctor. Hugs, Chelz.
  10. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Wow, this post is old, didn't even notice. I hope she is better by now. It is a scary feeling. Hugs, Chelz.
  11. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

A chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infection can cause symptoms like this. It is a common bacterial infection that invades the neurological system creating a variety of symptoms.

Here's some info with a symptom list for you to look over.....many Dr's do not know how to recognize this chronic infection.....

[This Message was Edited on 06/23/2010]
  12. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sure have had this .. It is a mystery.. doctors I have seen haven't a clue. I was suppose to see a Neuro. yesterday but didn't feel up to making the out of town visit. I never had this happen till CFS / FM so I think there is a connection.

I have had this off and on for 7 yrs. , comes and goes. I feel if it was anything other than the cfs/fm it would have gotten worse or something showed up on what test I have had.

Thank goodness they only last a few seconds, seems much longer, I panic and usually end up in bed seems lying down helps. It isn't fibro fog, its different. I feel for a second I black out or going to and it scared me big time.

Not sure what it is but hope you get some good info. Good luck

13. 3gs

3gs New Member

I got hit with one and stepped wrong,now need surgery! Plz everyone be careful! This is so scary.
  14. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Do you get migraines I have what you call migrain associated vertigo which manifest itself in dizzyness and nauseousness and you can get off balance. It can come and go and you can have some of the symtoms but not all. Look it up on the internet. It mask other things and it too them one year to diaognois it. However, I do think a doctor should check it out as it can be so many things. I also have menieres disease which attacks your hearing check that out as that does not always go into a major attack did you eat alot of salt prior to the attack?