Something Strange Happened Today And I Wanted To Share It With Everybody

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Mar 20, 2009.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

At approximately 2:30 this afternoon, I was driving home from food shopping on a very busy four lane road that is lined with stores, car dealerships, etc. --a very busy road and the traffic is always heavy. The weather was dreary but not raining, and no wind at all. As I continued driving, out of the blue, I started thinking to myself, what would I do if something just flew onto my windshield and smashed it? I shuddered at the thought, and kept driving. About three intersections later, to my astonishment, the car to the right and just ahead of me had some type of big rim thing fly off the tire, go airborne, and was plummeting right toward my car. I cannot tell you how fast this all happened. Thank God, there was a millisecond break in the oncoming traffic and I was able to quickly swerve into the oncoming lane to avoid the flying object. It would up landing where my car would have been and came to rest under my car as I returned to my lane. I could hear it scratch the underside of my car as I drove over it. It all happened so fast!! as I breathed a sigh of relief, I couldn't help feeling unsettled because I had just been thinking about something like this only moments before. I guess it was a premonition of sorts.

[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2009]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

OK, this is the third try:

Very interesting, as Artie Johnson used to mispronounce.

Maybe you should come to Los Angeles. Film makers are always looking for stunt car drivers.
    People with lightening fast reflexes and sure hands.

Lots of explanations depending on one's viewpoint. A religious person might say God was looking
    out for you.

Someone from the East might talk about karma.

And then there's the supernatural ESP approach.

A scientist might suggest it was a case of subliminal perception. Although you weren't aware of
    it consciously, your brain perceived something amiss on the car in question. Something vibrating
    indicating it was about to come loose.

And that's what made you think about the subject.

In any case, a happy outcome.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow! Glad your safe!,,,that was quite a esp moment!,,,i'm going with the god looking out for you thing!,,,,,,Sis
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so glad your instincts were on target and you managed to get out of the way, both safely and quickly enough.

5. springwater

springwater Active Member

Wanted to say whatever it was, your own premonition, guardian angels, spirit guides, Im just glad it did happen and that you were able to swerve and avoid a head on collision with that thing.

Thanks for sharing.

God Bless
  6. kjade

kjade New Member

I am a believer in guardian angels (although most people tell me I'm crazy when I talk about such things) and I think that's why you had that thought just prior to the incident. I guess we will never know if this is the case or not, but it is very odd that you had that premonition.

Thank God you were ok though. That sounds really scary.