Something strange happened

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 15, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

It has been so hot lately that we have fans going 24/7. Last night as the fan sent the cool air on my arm it felt like I had been hit by something and it really hurt badly. IT felt like some thing hard had been smacked against my arm and for a few moments it was realy intense pain. Then it was gone. This has never happened before and it is strange as we have had the fans going 24/7 for the past 2 months. The heat exhusts me and makes me almost as achy as the cold does.

But this pain from having the breeze from a fan hitting my arm and causeing me pain is strange , I don't know what is going on and I hope that it does not happen again. My arm has ached ever since then.
    I am confused about why the breeze from the fan would cause such sharp severe pain .
    HUGS to all
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I don't sit with the fan blowing on me it is across the room and mostly blows on my husband. I only get the breeze every once in a while. We dont' ahve any A.C. here in our little house and the only relief from the opressive heat is to open the windows after the sun has set and have the fans on. The big one is at teh back door cooling off most of the house and the other is in the living room and as I said my hubby keeps it faced towards him so I got caught in a breeze that was random. I hope that it does not happen again as it really was painful
  3. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

I don't know about all of you out there with Fibro and the aching from CFS but I myself know it is the kiss of death to have air of any temp blowing on me, especially after taking a shower or washing my hair....instant pain and headache. We have central air conditioning as we live in Georgia, but I have to turn it way warmer or turn it off for a few hours after bathing as the AC makes me ache really bad after being warm in the bathroom.

I have a ceiling fan in my bedroom, but can't stand it blowing on me at all. Even the car AC blowing on me makes my shoulders and arms hurt. I guess the bottom line is....don't have AC or fans blowing on us or pay the price.

When you talk with others and really analyze what happened to you, Rosemarie, it is very apparent that you are a victim of what is yet another great thing about having Fibro/CFS....great fun.