Somethings working for me ,has anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jul 12, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I started taking Milk Thistle herbal supplements for liver health and detox. about 4 days ago.The headache I keep 24-7 Has been going away .

I have sleep really good for three nights.Some of my sore spots from my FM trigger points are not hurting as bad.
    Im not sure but this seems to be helping my pain.

I am going to get the stuff and do a complete Liver Detox in a few days.At first the first day I took it my Glands hurt REALLY bad all over in certain spots like my throat,breast,under my arm pits ,and behind my knees and in the front of my knees.

It all felt like they were swollen and like flu pain.Then the next day that was a little less .Today I have been really tired but also have energy I've not had .My body feels like it's getting rid of Poison.

I wanted to share so others might try this to let me know how its helped anyone else.The last 4 nights is the first time in years I've not woke up to take something for my headaches.And I sleep good.

2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Thanks for posting your experience.

I am always interested in what has really been found to help someone.

I've known about Milk Thistle and its liver detox properties, but I haven't tried it yet. My vet, (a holistic and a DVM) used it to treat one of my kitties that had liver disease. Unfortunately it had progressed too far by the time that treatment started for him.

Right now I'm focusing on optimizing my vitamin and minerals, but I will stick that on the list of potential herbals.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2006]
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thanks for this posting. Considering a lot of the meds people take here that metabolize via the liver I would think milk thistle could be a vital part of keeping well.

Love Anne cromwell

ps to MME Curie - do you use Omega threes for bi polar at all? The latest research I read says that up to 7mg works as well as lithium etc. I am working with a child who is on a ton of meds-enough to knock out a horse, and I wonder what your opinion is re Omegas.

5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have been very constapaded I am not sure if this is from the milk thistle or not but I thought Id post incase someone else has this problem from it please tell me.

It seems like when we fix one thing something else breaks.
    This has helped my pain but now I have another problem I need to fix now what?

I haven't had this problem for a few years this bad.
  6. janieb

janieb New Member

and that affects the liver, I'm wondering if that might be a good supplement for me to take.

Any ideas?

janieb
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

switch to dandelion root for awhile, it is a good liver/blood detoxer and is also laxative. Dandelion leaf is another good blood cleaner, the leaf is not laxative like the root. I drink dandelion leaf tea often mixed w/ catnip, I prefer it to milk thistle for myself because I get too strong a herx from milk thistle.

You can also take dandelion, root, leaf or both at the same time as milk thistle, as they are often found together in combo cleansing supplements. So they are all synergistic, but you'll have to dabble around for yourself to see what your own system can tolerate and benefit best from.

Jeanne
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thank you jean Ill try the dandelion root as soon as I can get to my store
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

re the flax can you tell me what sort of delivery and amounts, as I think this could work too? Is flax Omega three as well?
    Love Anne Cromwell
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thanks. I cannot recall if I said this, but I spent extra on getting the coated capsules but they were huge! So I end up cutting them and drinking the sardine and anchovy oil! EEEEK!

Know what I did the other day? Had some Kozyshack choc pudding(they never use additives BTW) and thought I would disguise the taste in the pudding! It was dreadful, fish-o-choc pudding. OOO horrible.

I am doing really well. So much so I canacelled my pain doc appt yesterday so someone who needed his slot could use it. Wish it was a little less humid and hot here in Upstate NY, but for anyone over 50, this local factory lets you swim in their olympic sized pool for $3 the season. Plus they do not use chlorine so I love it. We also live by the lake(Finger Lakes) and so do go and swim there as well.

The finger lakes are said to be the handprint of God (The Great Chief) and are said to have healing properties.Sure feels that way on a hot day in July!!!

Love Anne Cromwell Hope you are doing well too I also wanated to tell you that the Salvation Army has a place in Florida where they arrange foster and adopt from a sanctuary they run there for Social Services Family. For your daughter to check.
  11. joanng

joanng New Member

Carebelle, what's the dose you're taking? Thanks.
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

150 three times a day it should tell you on your bottle different company's may make different strengths. Go by your product's recommendations
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Me and my big mouth. Had a horrible night last night. Gee, felt as if a had an axe in my throat, neck pain, shoulders, migraine, seven straight hours of utter pain. See what I get for bragging!

Dh gave me trigger release this am and it really helped tremendously. Went to pain doc and he said as I am rarely geting more than an hour of uninterrupted sleep and the pain in bed he wants me to try Zanaflex at a really low dose. I am wary of this, but I was driven to distraction yesterday. He said I could use on as needed basis too. He will do manipulation in ten days. He said I have a really flat occipid area at back of head. MMM wonedr if that is why I get trapped nerve?

The Florida outfit I read about in the sally Army magazine, and apparently they run this place for Family and Childrens Services and do lots of adoptions. They seem to get teen pregnancies so one never knows.

Hope your tigers are all well.

Love Anne C
  14. tandy

tandy New Member

where are you in upstate NY??

just wondering if we could be neighbors?
    :)
    It sure is HOT!! 98 is crazy! and humid.

I'm looking forward to the weekend temps of upper 70's/near 80. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
    I'm nearest to Rome

spent wednesday in Old forge. (water safari) Yippy!!
    Hugs
    Tandy
  15. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

Milk Thistle gave me constipation also. Everything just stopped!! Completely!!

I threw it away as this happened long ago before I had the advantage of this board which is so helpful.

Gwen
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I live Ithaca area. Where are you?

Love Anne C.
  17. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm in Rome.

Are you far from here?? I'm not sure where ithica is?

will ask hunny since I have him drive me all over.(I get lost easy)
    R U anywhere close to or near Syracuse?
  18. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have visited Rome and I fell in love with it.I would love to go back someday if my health would aloud me.

I love Art and there is sooooo much there enjoy it. Are you a traveler or do you live there?
  19. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Not too far from Rome at all. Ithaca is where Cornell is. That is a fabulous campus BTW, looks like Hogworts. We live not too far from there.

Carebelle dear one, in Upstate NY they named all the towns after Greek epic tales (like the Odyssey) so we have Homer (writer) Syracuse, Ithaca, Rome, Troy, Naples, Romulus, Virgil(writer)Etna, Solon, Utica, Marathon, Moravia,Vestal, Scipio, Ovid(writer).The local ski area is called Greek Peak.

We then have a lot of stuff named for Native American tribes too, as are the lakes. I have to say that some of these towns are little more than a stagecoach stop. But alas, even though we are not in the Italian Rome, we do have scenery that is gorgeous and lots of arts. Tandy's Rome is about 120 miles North of us.

We are not too far from Niagra Falls and the Canadian border.

Love Anne Cromwell