Sometime I wish this disease on other people

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 57Wagon, Nov 4, 2005.

1. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

Some of the people I would love to see have CFS
    The doctor who told me CFS was a cop out and I needed to take up running.
    Some of my fellow workers who think I'm a wimp and everyone suffers from being tired now and again
    The insurance judicatory who thinks I just don't want to work, I'm looking for an easy ride and I'm playing the systems.

I pray to God that some of these jerks would have a good taste of this DD, it would do my heart good to see that. I'm sure you all know someone you would like to see have your DD at least for a short period of time so to see what you all have to live with everyday.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I hear some real frustration, anger and hurt in your post, and I can understand where you are right now. I have many times wished people could just have a taste of my depression first and now, FM. I don't wish it forever for them, but just enough so they would realize these are real conditions that affect every part of your life.

Take care, OK? Hang in there. Glad you came here to vent!

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i know exactly what you mean
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

After I was disabled by CFS I could have stayed home and collected disability insurance. But I thought it would go away, and I would get better. It only got worse.

I worked part time for 20 years. The last two years I could only manage 2 hrs a day. Often when I left people would say, "I wish I could go home early."

Usually I just smiled. But a couple times I got mad and said, "Fine. I hope you too are disabled at the age of 40. You'll be able to spend lots of time at home."

If you don't have an obvious symptom (like your face turns bright blue or a leg falls off) people just can't seem to believe you've got a problem.
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I know, I hear you.

I always get "well I am tired too!"

MORONS!

It is a very very frustrating disease, because aside from being a little overweight, I LOOK very healthy and all my tests SHOW that I am very healthy.

People are always surprised to learn that I have a disorder,
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think we all know how you feel, but negative feelings just make us worse and have no effect on those who have wronged us.

Why not take a BIG breath and physically and metaphorically blow them off. It will make you feel much better and able to move on from your pain.

Most of us have suffered insult on top of injury and your feelings are certainly valid. I have found that there is no energy to be wasted on the ignorant and just plain mean people. We need to use our precious energy on more positive things, like healing.

I'm not judging your feelings but rather have found, as an old war dog, that the more positive we remain and the less time and energy we spend on negative things, the better off we are.

My prayers are with you that you will find peace.

Love, Mikie
  7. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

fivesue after reading your reply I had to laugh at myself I guess I was venting
    Rockgor I loved your comment (like your face turns bright blue or a leg falls off)
    mikie you are probably right about the Bad Karma thing but it would still feel good for a bit any how. LOL
  8. emiltim

emiltim New Member

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I do too. Even just for a day....I like to tell my co-workers "It might be contagious". Makes them stop and think.....-Julie
  9. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

You know, I have to say I have had the same type of thoughts, wishing others could have CFS for even just a month! I think it's good to vent, and you did just that, and then you laughed about it! LOL Good for you. How did you make out with CPP, I think it was you who had a post about that earlier. I am sending in my CPP disability application tomorrow, and my 1st appeal for LTD with my employer as well. So we shall see what happens... I would much rather be working and I'm sure you would be too! And by the way, when people ask me if I'm still tired, I always reply, "I'm not tired, I'm sick." The name Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is MUCH better than CFS. Marie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2005]
  10. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

springrose22 I just sent out my CPP a few days ago, I don't think my doctor has sent in his copy yet. I would much rather be healthy and working.
  11. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

We'll have to compare notes, you never know, maybe we can help each other. I got the Dr.'s part and am sending the whole package in all at once. So I guess now we just hurry up and wait. Marie
  12. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

I could think of a couple names that run through my mind, LOL! Theres so many jerk offs out there but I cant bring myself to wish them this aweful disease. One thing for sure is..."what ever comes around goes around", and thats a fact!

T~
    PS. Hope you have a better day!
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I LOVE you comment..."Maybe it's catching!" What a hoot! I'm going to have to remember that one...! A nice laugh to go to bed on...thanks.

Hope your weekend is great. (PS...My granddaughter's name is Emily. Such a nice name. I read your post on "How'd You Get Your Handle?")

Sue
  14. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

springrose22 we will have to find away to exchange emails
  15. ontariogirl

ontariogirl New Member

Just a taste of what we go through would be a real eye opener for them wouldn't it??

I'm kicking aroung the idea of applying for CPP as well but haven't started anything yet. Really no idea where to start--can you give me some insight?

I've been out of work for 4 yrs now. Does the length of time between working and applying have any repercussions?

Thanks for any help...Marlene
  16. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

I don't think there is any time limit
    Go to http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/search/eforms/index.cgi?app=list&group=CPP&lang=e
    Download ISP1151
    Disability Benefits - Canada Pension Plan, Application for
  17. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I am not working now but when I did, there was one woman in our office that I worked closely with and she saw the day to day obstacles that I had to endure and was wonderful to me, very helpful anyway she could be.
    THEN...There was another woman who always looked down her nose at me as though I were making up feeling bad or for that matter looking bad. I tried to ignore her and consider the source but now...she has come down with MS. I just wonder if she ever thinks about how she treated me when she was well??? I would never wish any illness on anybody but still...I have to wonder if it ever crosses her mind when she doesn't feel like going into work or even getting out of bed. Does this make me bad??? Just goes to show, you should never judge someone without walking in their shoes and in our cases, that would be difficult on most days!
    Stinker56