Sometimes God allows you to....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by nymama, Jul 13, 2004.

1. nymama

nymama New Member

walk through an illness like Fibro.

Lately, I have had many friends at Church asking me EVERY week- "Are you better / healed yet?"

While I know they love me and are concerned, many are not understanding that Fibro is chronic-no cure through meds
    (although meds help manage)

While I know that God can do miracles and will SOMETIMES-
    I feel it is HIS discretion after I make my request known.

Does anyone else encounter these well-meaning people who ask continously?

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TO HAVE PATIENCE WITH THOSE WHO ASK
    REGULARLY

Thank you God for JESUS,
    thank you for today, for my health as it stands,
    for loving friends and family who care, and for
    having patience with me.
  2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I don't have people so much asking me if I am healed, but they do ask if I am better, I always say yes, because it is obvious they have no idea what is wrong in the first place.
    What is worse is people saying you look so well, no one would ever know anything is wrong with you. In fact I had a work colleague say that recently, quite sceptically, I don't think she believes I do have anything wrong !
    It is a hard road at times, but I trust God will one day reveal the why.
    Linda.
  3. grge

grge New Member

I never pray for patience because it seems to me everytime i do the opportunities to show that patience seems to multiply.I am sure God has a wonderful sense of humor!!!

I try not to discuss my fm with people, there is such a lack of understanding about it.

I praise God that i do have pain free days and i trust Him to know what is best for me.
    grge
  4. Yesh

Yesh New Member

alows things like diseases to attach his children because it is way to bring about his desired change in our heart, faith, trust, etc.

My son has been in and out of psych hospitals for the last year and a hlaf. Last month he was diagnoised with schizophrenia, and after I told him of the diagnosis, I asked him if was angry, mad, or upset. His answer suprised me.

my son told me he was glad God gave him this disease because it knocked him off his high hourse. This disease has taught my son to be more tollerent and have patients with others.

Gob Bless

Yesh