Sometimes I Just Want To Be Left Alone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, May 19, 2003.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

I want to nap, I want to rest, but lately it's been impossible due to family members calling on me to help or we will get unexpected company, just as I have fallen asleep with a pain pill.
    One day out shopping and it's 3 days recouping!
    I guess I'm just stressed and need some quite time. I love my family, and would love to help more often. Sometimes, I feel guilty, so I go ahead and push myself to help them. Plus, this Texas heat & humidity makes me more irritable.

Ok, enough whining, just needed to vent some.
    thanks for listening.....granmama
  2. jka

jka New Member

i know how you feel!i love my mom to death-but just when i fall asleep she either calls or comes over.or the little kids on their way home from school stop to see me(i work there).3-4 is my worst part of the day.so- don't feel alone.

kathy c
  3. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I am also a grandmother and my boys have broken up with their wemon whom they have children with. The boys have moved back home within a month of eachother and have their kids several times a week and I am so tired. I have been getting headaches one on top of the other. I just want to sit in my recliner and rest and watch some tv. I am so ready for them to move out already. Just venting also, Sis
  4. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

I hear you!

With two teens and a 74 year old friend living with me, it is difficult for me to have alone time. An afternoon nap on my day off is absolutely heavenly... but more often than not, the phone will ring or my friend will wake me up for something.

I'm the type of person that needs 'alone' time to relax and I don't often get that anymore.

Have a Great Day!
    Esoteric

5. granmama

granmama New Member

Well, I'm awake now and have read all your posts and thank you very much for your thoughts!

I have 2 grandkids that live 3 houses down from me. I live on the corner of the street and the school bus drops off all the kids from 3:15-5:00 and I hear it all.
    I've learned to keep my front door unlocked so the grandson can come in get his juice and snack. But, the child knows that if my bedroom door is closed and the fan is on, don't wake granmama!!

I'll start working on the "No" part. I guess I give in to my oldest sister more (just recently lost her husband in Feb) and I will cancel my plans and help her.
    But you know honestly, I really don't want to get into that situation again. Twelve years of doing "everything" for my mom after my dad passed. What is it with being the youngest? Am I doomed?????
    Sometimes, I wish I was still having my phlebotomies, at least they considered that a real excuse for declining. But with this fibro, you know it's the old standard...
    if you look ok, and you talk ok, then they figure you are ok.
    Take care all,
    granmama
  6. marta

marta New Member

I've come from being a very social, active person to CRAVING solitude. As long as I spend most of my time alone I can cope. It's hell on a person's social life and on the days when you feel up to doing something there's nobody to do it with. But it's the only way I can live right now. I see my grandchildren a lot less than I'd like to yet their energy levels level me.

I read not long ago that CFSers MUST have a controlled environment in order to heal.

I believe it.

Marta
  7. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Everyone needs alone time. Its the saying no part for me too. I understand where you are coming from. I hope we find ways to put our foot down, say no.

Love and Peace!