sometimes it's just hard

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by kid4ever, Mar 3, 2002.

1. kid4ever

kid4ever New Member

Hi everyone - I've not been 'on board' for awhile. Just wanted to say that sometimes things are just hard when you're a caregiver. Income has dropped now so money will become an issue soon. Before diagnosis/disability of my friend/sister I was taking singing lessons and other personal improvement stuff. Now I'm worried about the money and when you take lessons you have to practice - sometimes I'm so exhausted from my day I fall asleep before I hit the pillow.

I still do some singing in a chorus/quartet and I still do some other things for me. It does get tough sometimes getting to the beach to do my walking or taking some time to do some reading I've been putting off. Sometimes I grieve for some of the things I can't do as much anymore.

I also spend much time getting angry at other people who just don't understand FM/CFS or I get mad because I feel helpless. I know anger can be a waste of energy but sometimes I just need to be mad. Anyways - I read some posts today and I was glad to hear some of you are doing well. Please take care of yourselves and thanks for listening.

2. annee

annee New Member

"Don't get angry!"

Recognise 'who owns the problem'.
    If it ain't your problem, do not take ownership of it.

People do not understand these illnesses for many and varied reasons.
    We cannot change the world, but we can make ours a better place to be in.
    'Let go' of what others might think.
    It isn't your problem to take on board.
    You have enough to deal with.
    ps. the icon is for all the people who do not understand and who make no effort to understand!![This Message was Edited on 03/04/2002]