SOMETIMES WILLING....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BILLCAMO, Sep 13, 2003.

1. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

TO OPEN A CAN OF WORMS...... I WAS WATCHING MONTEL WILLIAMS SHOW ON FRIDAY...9/12/03...WEST COAST... & CAUGHT A MENTION OF FM ON THAT SHOW. THE MAIN THRUST OF THAT SEGMENT WAS A CONSRUCTION WORKER WHO DONATED 13 MONTHS OF WORK TO GROUND ZERO IN N/Y... HIS WIFE HAD FOUGHT CANCER.... SUCCESSFULLY... BUT IS CURRENTLY FIGHTING FM.... SHE REFERRED TO HER FM AS A FORM OF LUPUS..... IT IS GOOD TO GET SOME AIR TIME ON NATIONAL TV....... BUT.... I KNOW OUR DD'S HAVE MANY SIMULARITIES TO OTHER DISEASES...... WAS THIS AN ACCURATE STATEMENT OR JUST ANOTHER ANALOGY ?????? I'D NEVER HEARD OF THAT APPROACH BEFORE THEN..... FOOD FOR THOUGHT WITH NO CALORIES OR CARBS....... BILLCAMO.
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I guess it can be referred to as similair to lupus. I too wish it would get more coverage on the news shows, etc..

When trying to relate what Fibro means, or is like.. I usually say arthritis.. yet of the muscles.

How about you?
  3. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

To all these curious syndroms or illnesses I think ther is a link since so many symtoms are so close.

It may be like finding the missing pieces to a puzzle.

Lupus,MS,Lyme,Gulf War,Parkinsons,MPS,FMS, and on new ones all the time.

Just like there are numerous types of answer arthritis, leukemis. All common systems but each person has their own rate of the illness. Some mild,some no cure,some out of their mind in pain others none.

Just my gut feeling and researh and listening to so many pts.
  4. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE !!!!!! I HOPE SOMEONE ELSE SAW M/W'S SHOW LAST FRIDAY... AS FAR AS MY RESPONSE.. I GUESS I'M DIFFERENT THAN MOST.... IT'S LIKE ARTHRITIS TO THE THE JOINTS , MUSCLES , & BRAIN...... REALLY HARD TO EXPLAIN.... BUT PEOPLE WHO HAVE THIS S**T UNDERSTAND !!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  5. illumine27

illumine27 New Member

I too think that they will eventually find some sort of "link" among these diseases... as they do seem to be sort of the 'same' thing, just different manifestations/rate of progression/body system affected.
    I have FM/CMP, but I also have discoid lupus on my face...
    They tested me for the past 3 years (because I demanded it--knowing that the way I felt was NOT normal!!) for systemic lupus... but my blood work ALWAYS comes back normal. An appt with a rheumy & he said he would say FM/CMP. But I still wonder if one of these days, that dang bloodwork WON'T come back "normal..." You know. Anyway.
    I believe they are "related" somehow... just my opinion...
    *shrug*
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many researchers today are leaning toward a link between many immune/autoimmune diseases. There are many with FMS who get a diagnosis of probable Lupus because the doc just can't be sure. Lupus can be extremely difficult to diagnose, even worse than with FMS or CFIDS. Also, a number of those with Lupus have also been diagnosed with FMS.

Love, Mikie
  7. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

YOUR RESPONSES...... I HAVE & DO BELIEVE OF THE POSSIBILTY OF A LINK..... BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY VARIABLES FOR ME TO BELIEVE IT'S ALL THE SAME.... WE ALL LOOK FOR ANSWERS , BUT THEY SEEM TO SLIP THROUGH OUR FINGERS.... YES , I OPENED THE CAN OF WORMS..... CAN I JUST STAND BACK & LET IT GO..... NO... AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE , I'D RATHER BE HUNG FOR TRYING THAN GIVING UP.... ALL I CAN ASK IS THAT YOU STAND UP FOR YOURSELF & THE REST OF US THE BEST YOU CAN !!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  8. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

your description of FMS being like arthritis of the loints, nuscles and brain. That is EXACTLY how it feels to me. Guess that's how I'll explian it in future.

As for connection with Lupus, I've always 'felt' that FMS is an autoimmune thing, as is Lupus; only because every time I get a bug of any kind I experience a falre. MY 'theory' is that as my immune system is stimualted by the presence of an infection, it also goes to work against the tissues of my body. This is probably scientifically very 'incorrect'; I don't know enough about the immune system at present. Must read up more.

(I have been dx'd with 'viral' arthritis many times by doc - describing it as I have above.)

Sorry bout typos/spellings - brain 'arthritis':)

Hugs
    Ruth
  9. wildzootv

wildzootv New Member

hmm..well I do have both.....and both make me feel like crap!! I hurt everywhere.....bones, joints, and muscles..... i thought it was one thing......but they say it's two things: lupus and fibro. My personal oppinon is that it's the same monkey.

Someone will be on Montel eventually that will say something different I am sure.

I like your style Bill.....don't know if you mean to be funny, but I usually get a chuckle out of reading your stuff.
  10. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

KELLEY IS IN THE HOSPITAL CANNOT WALK DONT KNOW WHY YET SHE WANTED TO KEEP YOU POSTED LOOKING FORWARD TO A MESSAGE FROM YOU WHEN SHE GETS OUT.

JOSE
  11. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

FOR THE UPDATE ON YOUR MOM. I WISH IT HAD BEEN OF A MORE POSITIVE NATURE & HOPE THE NEXT REPORT WILL BE MORE POSITIVE. GOOD THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE ALWAYS DIRECTED TO YOUR MOM , YOU, & THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY !!!!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!!!! BILL.
  12. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good thoughts, blessings and prayers to Bill's for Kelley, do let her know that we are praying, and hope she recovers quickly.

Shalom, Shirl