Son looking for psychologist in N.Y. city

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deadtired, May 14, 2010.

  1. deadtired

    deadtired Member

    My son who is living in N.Y. city is feeling a need to talk to someone for support. I told him I would ask if any one on this board knows of a counselor in NY city that is sensitive to the issues of this disease and the emotional issues accompanying it. I would appreciate any help you can give in this matter. My son is 23 and lives 10 hours away and it is painful not to be able to see and support him in person.
  2. ladybugmandy

    ladybugmandy Member

    hello. i found Fred Friedberg, PhD (psychologist specializing in CFS/FM), in stony brook but you can call his office and ask for referrals to anyone practicing in NYC.

    also, you might phone the office of Dr. Derek Enlander (internist). his staff is really nice and probably knows of some psychologists specializing in this area in NYC.

    good luck
  3. victoria

    victoria New Member

  4. deadtired

    deadtired Member

    Thanks Sue,
    I gave the names of these doctors for my son to contact. This is a good start for him and hopefully if they can direct him to an understanding psychologist.

[ advertisement ]