Son on flight home after year in Iraq UPDATE! He's HOME

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Jan 13, 2006.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

His flight has been delayed (twice) but he is schedule to land in Savannah Georgia at 4:45 am tomorrow at Hunter Air Field.

Mike is an Apache helicopter pilot and has been in Taji just north of Baghdad for one year.

Talk about your STRESS!!!!!

Pray for their safe landing PLEASE

Love, June
    [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2006]
  2. sabimax

sabimax New Member

yes a relative of mine gets back from being in iraq in a week...he has been over there for a year and half with one visit home..we are all excited to welcome him home....take care and safe landing and lots of hugs for you when he gets there.....sarah
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you for your kind words.....my skin in crawling.....I won't get to SEE him until February when he and his wife come for a visit, but just want to HEAR his voice with his feet on good U.S.A. soil......

Love, June
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I can only imagine how you are feeling. I will pray for a safe homecoming.

Kathy.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

is he married? if he is it is so overwhelming when you reconnect again..starting all over and then the honeymoon phase again..
    jodie

enjoy every moment and give him some to reconnect with things in the home...it s a stressful time even if it is leave time

jodie
  6. schaken

schaken New Member

My son spent a year in Iraq, in and around the Baghdad area.

He came home about a year ago.

It was wonderful to see him. I know it will be a relief for you. Glad your stress will finally be gone.

God bless

Leslie
  7. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Oh I just rejoice with you June!! How wonderful to have your son home!! May you enjoy each and every moment together and the Lord bless your whole family as you celebrate the return of your precious boy!

And tell him for me.... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY!! YOUR SACRIFICE IS SOOOOOOO APPRECIATED BY SO MANY HERE!! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU AND THIS NATION IS A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE OF YOUR SACRIFICE!!

BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY... CAROLK
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How wonderful to get him home and safe!! Hope he gets there soon.

GBHope
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

And I will pass your gratitude along to him.

When he was home for his R&R, and saw our "news" he said, "That's not the Iraq I know."

We are not getting BALANCED reporting, only the horrific stories......which is doing a disservice to our servicemen and women. They risked their lives, and progress has been made.

He is a hero in my heart and it feels so GOOD to have YOUR support. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and his.

Love, June

10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

That`s great news. Tell him we appreciate him and all our brave soldiers. Praying that he lands safe and sound and that you have a wonderful visit with him.
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

Is he stationed in Georgia? Will he get to see you or are you in Georgia? Too bad you don't have a picture.

Yes thank you Mike for the service!
    HOw long does he get to stay in America?
    Rene
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm so happy that you will be reunited with your son soon!!!

What a job he has over there! I'll bet he has a heck of a lot of stories to tell when he getshome!

Please give him a hug and a kiss for me, along with my thanks for dedicating this time in his life to his country. We are so proud of him!!!!!

"You must have raised him right, Mama!"

Sincerely,
    Janet
  13. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

My son is in Iraq at the same post, June.

The response you are getting from people here brings tears to my eyes...you women are so wonderful and supportive...

I am living your happiness, June! Hold him close...
    Jana

14. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Thank goodness your son is home safe and sound. Let us pray that all the sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters come home safely.

Ever,
    Ana
  15. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

His flight landed at four-ish o'clock this morning at Hunter Air Field, Savannah Georgia.

I've talked to him, he is FINE.

Thank you everyone...................YOU ARE SO SUPPORTIVE and you just don't know how WONDERFUL you have made this Mom feel.

When he first went over, you poured out prayers and well wishes......I printed out that thread and sent it to him.

Now, I am going to do the same with this thread!!!!!!

And we will continue keep Jana's son in our thoughts and prayers. Please remember we are not getting the "other" side of the story. Mike saw a lot of progress the year he was there. Our military families who sit and wait should be treated to the GOOD news on our media.

Fondly June

[This Message was Edited on 01/14/2006]
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

well and uninjured. I know there are areas over there where much progress has been made. Still some very dangerous areas too. The media can't get around too well in many areas and I do think they are doing better about showing good results, not perfect perhaps but they are also risking their lives, and good pay but never enough to keep us aware at least.

I do feel so sorry for the thousands coming back so injured or who have lost their lives and we need to keep them in our hearts and prayers also.

We can rejoice at every one who does come back sound in body and mind! It has been a hard job and one that all volunteered to do. They all need our
    thanks and appreciation!! Hope your reunion will be joyful and permanent! I wish they had kept up the email site they were running where we were
    emailing the troops. It made one feel as though we were doing "something" to keep up morale..especially with these dd's where we can't get out and do more. Congratulations!
  17. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Praise to the Lord for bringing him safely home.

Give him a hug for me, I am so thankful for his service!!

Dani
  18. pspatnode

pspatnode New Member

My daughter is also on her flight home after a year in Iraq. She should be in the states by Monday. I can hardly wait to get her call. We won't see her until Feb, but just to know she is in the United States will be wonderful!!

Tell your son we thank him for giving up his life for a year for us.

Love,
    Pat
  19. justlooking

justlooking New Member

My family thanks your family for their service.

I definitely agree that our public gets only the BAD news from Iraq but so much good is going on.

My family is so very grateful for people who offer their service to help our nation.
    Sincerely
    JL
  20. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

thats great june,what a relief,i have friends that are soldiers and i worry for them.i cant imagine it being a relative.