Son ran from rehab & at shelter now....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sweetpeas, Jan 29, 2005.

1. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

Just wanted to post one last quick note....son literally hiked ten miles from cult-like rehab and called me from a convenience store. Bought him a ticket to a large city in TN and is now in shelter (actually bounces from one shelter to another). There is way too much drama in his life. He is always finding fault with one thing or the other and doesn't seem to want to work, realllllly work, on his problems. Generally, he is only nice to me when he hopes to get something out of me--ticket, money, etc. Need much prayer for him and me. I'm on the emotional roller coaster of....gotta' buy him a plane ticket back home for rehab here, no, gotta' leave him there cuz he'd just use and use me more out here. Just for once, instead of being the responsible one, I'd like to run away from all this. Don't be surprised if you find Sweetpeas' picture on milk carton. Thank you a million times for being there for me and praying for both my son and me. Sometimes I think I'm gonna' go nuts with him being so far away, but then I have to remind myself of how nutty it was here when he was at home! Blessings to all of you, and I hope to see you on the health message boards here! If not, I'm gonna' miss you guys an awful lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please continue to pray for us as I will for you.
    Love, prayers, and hugs to you all,
    Sweetpeas
  2. dash

dash New Member

Sweetpeas, I'll keep these new concerns of yours in prayer. Just has knee surgery, so I can't stay at the site for long.

Love and God Bless,
    Della
  3. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

dear Sweetpeas

What a nightmare for you. I think you're probably right when you say your son will use you if he comes home but, as a Mum, you must so much want to help him.

Just to say I am praying for you both and will continue to do so. Please keep in touch on the CFS board - I'm sure hoping to be there.

Try to focus your needs on God and take care of you. Both are very important at this time.

Love, hugs and prayers
    Music Teacher (UK)