Son with Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillyrose33, Sep 7, 2006.

1. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Today my oldest son which is 36 called and told me that two doctors has diagnosed him with fibromyalgia.

He was hit by a car when he was 16 and had a serious head injury and thought that we might loose him but by the grace of God he was spared and only problems he had after being released from the hospital of 41 days and much therapy afterwards...he has no taste and very little smell and loss of hearing in one ear. He is married has two beautiful children and a business of his own. Now he has to deal with this disease and he is having such a hard time.

He can't do his job anymore which is carpentry and he is always hurting and tired. He told me today " Mom I am so sorry for all the trouble I gave you when you were having a flare...Now I know what you are going through" It broke my heart to hear him like this. It is one thing for me to be ill but for my child it is devastating.

I pray that they find a reason and cure for this disease.
    I am going to tell him about this site and hopefully he will come hear to vent or just so he knows he is not alone.
    Thanks to all of you that have anwsered my post and been there for me. Right now I am in a bad flare and dealing with Menieres but I would give anything if my son didn't have to go through this.

Thanks for listening.

Lillyrose
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry to hear your son has Fm. I have 2 boys(15 and 10) and I pray all the time that they never get this. The advantage he has though is you have Fm and understand it so you can help him cope with this. He`ll always have one person that believes him and that is you.

We need a cure right now. To many good people are suffering with this. Nobody should have to go through what we do.

I`m glad your showing him this site. It helps so much to come here and learn how others are coping with this DD.

best wishes,
    Sandy
  3. momwinterwhite

momwinterwhite New Member

OH I am so sorry that your son has this terriable problem
    I dont know why but I am crying right now .I pray everyday that my children wont get this disease it is the most unimaginable and undescribable pain.on top of this we dont wont our children to live with the stigmitism that seems to
    go along with this.my kids are 16 and 18 they are both
    having bad headaches latley it really worrys me,anyway
    love and prayers for you and your son .make sure he is introduced to the board it has helped me alot not to feel
    so isolated with this disease? MOMWINTERWHITE
  4. cathugs

cathugs New Member

I know how you feel about seeing your son suffer.

My son is almost forty one and he has fibro,
    osteoarthritis, and has recently been dxed
    with osteoporosis.

When I see him try to get up or do other things
    and see the pain he is suffering, it breaks
    my heart.I wish I could carry his pain for him.

He is married with two kids and has a wonderful
    high paying job with one of the nascar teams, but
    it is very stressful.
    His Dr. said he didn't see how he was able to
    work.

But, sometimes you don't have a choice when you
    have a family to raise.

Again you have my sympathy. I know it is hard
    for you to see him in pain

God Bless. ((((cathugs))))
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that he has ibs...and he must've gotten it from me...because since i have fibro then i must have ibs...yes i do...

then he said the good thing is you can't get fibro from you mother it isn't heriditary...i said that isne't what the pedictrician told me last year about this time...i said my mother has it and my sister just has been dx..

i think he must be a non belieiver...of fms..

well need to study

i have had to put up w/those rude comments from my son time to time...about the fibro stuff...he asked me last night do get in that much pain like him...i said yes...

he was wanting morphine for pain...

he is so constipated he was vomiting...

his new normal pedristican called today and lm saying if what he doesn't do helps she also writes out prescripton for a medication...

that is the one i wanted from my pcp-last year...and she said no...

jodie