Sonata

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bratnut, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Bratnut

Bratnut New Member

Hi all,

I was curious as to whether anyone here has taken Sonata for sleep?? My doctor prescribed it and I find it really helpful especially for the waking up in pain and not being able to get back to sleep. It works quickly and doesn't leave me "hung over". The "hung over" part is really important as I'm very sensitive to a lot of drugs.

Heard anything bad or good about this??

Thanks,

Brat (aka Patricia)
  2. Bratnut

Bratnut New Member

Hi all,

I was curious as to whether anyone here has taken Sonata for sleep?? My doctor prescribed it and I find it really helpful especially for the waking up in pain and not being able to get back to sleep. It works quickly and doesn't leave me "hung over". The "hung over" part is really important as I'm very sensitive to a lot of drugs.

Heard anything bad or good about this??

Thanks,

Brat (aka Patricia)
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hello Patricia,

Glad to hear that it helps! I have used it and it is great medicine for a few hours of sleep. I have nerve pain and use Elavil for pain and sleep. My doc really likes Sonata for quick acting and low side effects.

Sleep well...jan

4. Meme

Meme New Member

I was just diagnosed with FM and my wonderful Rheumy put me on Sonata for sleep. I have found it to be a great help. If I take one prior to bed and still wake up I can take another as long as it's before 3:00 am........no rebound.......no hangover. Feel very rested - however, still stiff and w/some pain. Great answer to the sleep issue.

Meme'
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have tried Sonata, but did not find ithelpful. When I was taking it I was only able to get about 4 hours of sleep, which was not sufficient for a night. For a while, because my doc (former) would not change my rx to something more effective, I was supplementing it with Xanax when I awakened in the middle of the night. Then I was able to sleep about two to three hours more than with the Sonata alone.

Barbara
  6. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

I was given sonata before I was dx. and it didn't help at all. I felt like I was more awake than I had been, but everyone is different, and meds work different on everyone. I have since been put on klonopin and that works well. Hope it keeps on working for you!!

Regards,

Ellen