Song Lyrics Game #5

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Mar 3, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Let's try this one: "Do, a deer a female deer.........."
    "Re, ..................................."
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

a drop of golden sun...
    Me.....
  3. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

A name I call myself.

Fa...
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

FA, a long, long way to run.

Thanks for starting a new thread, GB. I remember the first time I heard this song.
    It was on a car radio. I thought it was a folk song.

Tried to move the Julie Andrews version of the song here, but the clips on Youtube
    seem to be flawed. Either the beginning or the ending is chopped off. "Mi"
    no likee.

Rock
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

So a needle pulling thread....
    La.....
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Ti, A drink with jam and bread
    And it takes us back to Do!
  7. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Another one, okay?

"You make me happy when skies are grey,..."
  8. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

You never know dear how much I love You
  9. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Okay, Another blast from the past:

"I'm coming home I've done my time............"
  10. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

(You Are My Sunshine) is the song that soul added a line to. "You'll never know dear how much I love you"

Next line is "Please don't take my sunshine away.
  11. rockgor

Yes, GB, "You Are My Sunshine". I was reading a book about Country Western singers
    recently. Jimmie Davis was the author of record for the song. He used it in his
    campaign for Governor of Louisiana. Won too.But more recent research indicates
    he did not really write the song. Apparently bought it.

Well, the guy who wrote "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" didn't write that. He employed
    the real composer. And Cat Stevens didn't write "Morning Has Broken". The song
    existed before he was born.
  12. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Oooh I didn't recognize the other new songs either but, I'll pick up on Rock's Morning has broken

Morning has broken
    like the first morning
  13. rockgor

Hi Kids

The computer went crazy when I tried to post last night. The board was off limits
    for about 12 hours. Got back on this morning. Part of the post was still here in very
    faint letters. So I added more, and then most of it disappeared again.

Very frustrating. Doubly so since it takes me 30-40 minutes to post and my back starts
    hurting after about 10 minutes. Is life a veil of tears or a bowl of cherries? Or as Erma
    Bombeck asked, "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?".

Rock
  14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

OK Freida, et al !

I know I am not Housebound but I think I know this one. From Morning Has Broken. - you left at" Like the first bird."

Praise for the singing - - - etc.
    Granni
  15. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Granni, It's good to hear from you on here. You're more than welcome to be on this board. You don't have to be homebound or bedbound to participate. All are welcome.

Diane, I don't know that one. Give me a hint!
  16. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, Funny you should mention "Let Me Call You Sweetheart". I was thinking of that today. My grandmother used to sing it all the time.

"Let me call you sweetheart I'm in love with you. Let me hear you whisper that you love me too..........."
  17. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Diane. I don't know the next line of this but I always loved Tony Orlando and Dawn. I used to watch their show too and had their "records". I'm trying to remember some more of their songs but drawing a blank.
  18. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, Don't take it serious, it's too mysterious. lol
  19. rockgor

GB, I know that song. The next line is, "No need to be imperious." It has the same tune
    as "I've Been Working on the Railroad".

Serially, there is another song with the same tune as "I've Been Working, etc." Granni
    knows it. Guess most folks who live in Texas do.

Rock
  20. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

More of Let me call you sweetheart: "Keep the lovelight glowing in your eyes of blue. Let me call you sweetheart I'm in love with you.