Sonoma County in Northern California is a goldmine for ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Neuro-immune treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by happycfs, Oct 3, 2013.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

I wanted to share a posting that I found online... What do you think?? Should we all move?? ;-)

Hello all!

I want to let others know about the community that I have found after a lifetime of searching. I have been ill with ME/CFS et.al., more than half of my life and I feel that I have finally found an incredible community for those with hard to understand ailments. Let me explain... (website addresses as well)

"West County" (the Western part of the County; includes Sebastopol, Guerneville, Cotati, Santa Rosa, Jenner Beach etc etc.) It is beautiful wine country, and there are endless forward-thinkers there, with countless integrative health practitioners. It is the norm there! Many people say that they "go there to heal" because it is so embracing and very healing for people who need special medical attention. Many MDs also practice herbal and nutritional medicine, and even work side-by-side with acupunctures. I am not talking about one clinic like this-- I am talking about the entire community as a whole is this way!

Here are some great medical bonuses about "West County" of Sonoma County:

*Integrative Medical Clinic (they accept medicare too): www.imcsr.com
    Dr Dozer is the lead MD there, but there are many Naturopath Drs (NDs) as well.

**Gordon Medical Associates (Their main purpose is to treat ME/CFS, Fibro, Lyme disease etc., though they can get to be on the expensive side): www.gordonmedical.com

**West County Health Center: There is an organization called "West County Health Center" and they offer sliding scale treatment for people with disabilities (they accept insurance too, including medicare) and they are very loving and kind to you.
    Watch their video:

**Forestville Wellness Center: One of the subsidiary clinics of West County Health Center is the Forestville Wellness Center and they offer sliding scale, even complimentary treatments, to all of us "invisible diseasers". Treatments include acupuncture, massage therapy, nutrition (including free supplements!), group therapy, yoga, and many more! http://www.wchealth.org/services/WellnessServices/

**Sebastopol Community Acupuncture: Held in an old Victorian Mansion conversion, you can get acupuncture on a sliding scale, from $20-$40. Plus there are Chinese Medicine experts in herbalism and much more there. www.sebastopolcommunityacupuncture.com

**Local Support Group: Then there is the support group, called the Carousel Network, with many people who come together and help each other through the many daily issues that we all face. There are many smaller subsets of groups as well. www.tcnsupport.org

These really are just a few, really. There are sooo many different health practitioners there, from energy work, to surgeons, to shamans to physical therapists to psychics even. You name it, it is likely in beautiful West Sonoma County! It is a very well kept modern area, set among the vineyards and orchards. Pretty amazing.

This community is built up from very hard working great liberal thinkers who believe in nurturing the land and coastline, and helping neighbors. They accept all of us weary, whether we are gay (big gay community because so many people are so accepted), straight, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Indian, young or old, atheist, religious, farmers, business folk... Really, it is true. Such kind and wonderful people who really care about helping and respecting each other.

Just some real food for thought!
  2. happycfs

happycfs Member

I would love to hear more if people have any suggestions for great places to live with ME/CFS. :)