son's problems are much worse than I thought....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sweetpeas, Oct 16, 2004.

1. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm sorry I seem to have disappeared from the board--it's just that surviving with an adult son who is an addict is about all I can do--survive. As time goes on, things just get worse. His mood swings are severe (depression--the latest doc says bipolar), and he's almost always angry. He is supposedly sick every week, so he goes to the doctors' offices once and sometimes twice a week (in part, I think, just to get different meds--doctor shopping, I think they call it). The latest is that he may have epilepsy. He is having seizures, but I can't help but wonder if it's not related to all the JUNK he puts in his body. He has the foulest mouth imaginable, and he blasphemed Christ in a way I've never, ever heard anyone before do. He calls me names, too. I get angry and tell him to leave, then I worry about where he is. Dumb, huh. I'm going to quit blabbering because I can't articulate just how awful things have gotten. Please continue to pray for my son, his salvation, and me. I'm so bummed out I don't know how to pray. Thank you for listening and any prayers you send our way. God bless you all.
  2. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

My heart goes out to you. What an awful situation for you. I am sure you are right that your son's behaviour is probably the result of the junk he's taking. I believe that drug addiction is currently one of the "enemy's" strongest allies in contemporary society - it comes as no surprise to me that he has started to blaspheme so badly.

How ghastly for you as his mother for he is (and always will be) your precious son. I can identify a little with how you must feel in as much as I, too, have an adult son. I know I am so blessed that he is straight, honest and hard-working but I still worry about him although he has his own home and good career! I can only begin to try to imagine the deep hurt and heartbreak you must be experiencing and I cry with you in those things.

Try to hold your faith with God and continue to lift your son to him. God does work miracles and he can work one for you. I ask all those on this board who pray here to join me in surrounding Sweetpeas with love at this time and lifting this wayward son to God's infinite mercy, love and care.

I shall continue to pray for you both in the days/weeks to come.

Love and prayers
    Music Teacher (UK)
  3. sweetpeas

sweetpeas New Member

Thank you, dear Music Teacher, for agreeing with me in prayer about and for my son. It's around 8 a.m. here and he was out all night--where, I don't know. I think you were the only one who read my posting. I am desperate for everyone's prayers here for my son. And here you are in the UK, half way around the world from my son and me. God bless you, Music for your concern.
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

drastically changed and I'm feeling that there are few people who are coming here now. I look at the board every now and then for that reason.

I can totally understand where you are coming from and feel your pain and anguish. You love him so much and are trying to help him but he's unresponsive to your efforts. It hurts when all they do is take from you. He has gotten himself in a terrible place with the drugs. You can either tell him to leave permanently, and then turn everything over to God completely or continue on like you have. I'm assuming the doctors know he does drugs?

My son used to have a girl friend whose brother was living on the streets. Bipolar ran in the family. Her mother kept it under control with drugs. Her brother was bipolar but refused to take his medication. She would tell me how sad it was to see her brother living like that when they would run into him, but there was nothing they could do for him and they had to make this decision for the sake of the entire family's health and sanity.

I will pray for you, Sweetpeas, and for your son. That God shows you the path to take and that you are surrounded by his peace. That he gives you incredible strength in dealing with the evil spirit that has overtaken your son.
    Please take a small comfort in knowing that I am sharing
    in your pain this morning and will pray for you daily.

God Bless you and your son.