Soo of topic does anyone know what small amniotic sac can mean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sfrazier, Apr 7, 2007.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

My daughter is pregent and is young. she will be 18 next month. she is 2 months pregent and she was cramping so went and had an ultra sound done. baby is measuring 8 weeks but the amniotic sac is only measuring 6 weeks. does anyone know how harmful this could be what it might mean for the baby and my daughter. is is a very tiny too as far as her body is concerned. really thin hips also. i just need to put my first time grand mother fears to rest and know exactly what this could mean. thanks for any responses......SueF
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I am reluctant to say anything about your question but...
    I did a google search on 'small amniotic sac'. It has some hits. Didn't the ob/gyn give you any indication what this could mean for your daughter and/or grandchild?

Prayers are with all of you.

3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

the doctor said that he wanted to do a ultra sound about every week and that it didn't help the childs health or the possiblilty of an early miscarrage. but i wanted to see what the satics were and if it would do any damage to the child if it is carried to full term?
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Since your daughter is paying the OB, he/she is the one you need to ask these questions of. I'm sorry, but I have no idea.

Take care,