SOOOOOO How was Xmas Day for you guys!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 26, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

MY turned out great!!!!!! Played cards watched "The full Monty" and had dinner buffet style. It's the way to go. Oh and all the dishes I prepared in advance I FORGOT about them!!!!! Anyway people brought dishes and we had tons. Soooooooo i can have those dishes during week. My husband took a dinner plate etc. over to a friend who is bedridden with FMS and she said it made her day.Had a glass of Champagne too and FELT NO pain!!!! Maybe should drink it all time. Just kidding today it has kicked in but thats OK as Don't have to do anything today. Hope everyone had a good day and are resting up today.
    Hugs Annie the Londoner!
  2. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

It was such a blessing to have ALL of my children and grandchildren here for the day. My one year old granddaughter was running a high fever off and on, so there was a bit of a scare there. My Son and daughter left for awhile to visit their dad/stepdad but I was just busy cooking dinner. My sons girlfriend helped a bit, so that was nice. Next year I will do the buffet style like you did, because today I am crabby and I want to go to the
    big sales, but I'm too tired and weak and my feet, back, legs, hips and feet hurt. I have never asked my children to bring anything, things are going to have to change.
    Today the kitchen is still a mess (even though they cleaned up) that just means they do as much as will fit in the dishwasher. I'm not going to do it, though. If I have any energy later on today, I'm going to spend it at the mall. Hope you all had a good day.
    Nanna
  3. darude

darude New Member

Is great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to sit in my recliner and relax. Can't sit on a regular chair for long so would have been toooo uncomfortable.
  4. paintinglady

paintinglady New Member

We had a simple dinner here at our house Christmas Eve. When my son, his wife, and my 5 yr. old grandson come in... my daughter & her boyfriend walked in with them. It was the best surprise. They live in Iowa and were just here for Thanksgiving, I didn't have a clue about the surprise visit for Christmas.

Christmas Eve, my hands were really hurting so my mom and DL did the cooking. Felt strange but nice.

My DL had to work the midnight shift Christmas day and needed to sleep during the afternoon, so this year we decided to have a Christmas Morning brunch at their house starting at 10:00. It was so easy on me, I almost feel guilty. Mom and My Dau. took over again, cooking eggs, sausage, ham, bacon and buscuits. I just had to bring store bought cinnamon rolls and a variety of sweet breads also bought. It was so nice to not have half the group cooking all afternoon, we actually all had a chance to visit and enjoy.

I like the family traditions but this was easier and spending more time with family is so much better than slaving in the kitchen. I think we have developed a new tradition even if DL is off Christmas night next year.

Christmas Eve, for the first time I had to face my limitations. That part was hard on me but I have finally learned I can't just stubbornly go on as usual because it just won't work anymore. It's just so hard on me to have others do for me when I was always the independent one dealing with everything at once and it always worked...then.

I hope you all had a very nice holiday no matter how you chose to celebrate.
    Carol
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Boy am I tired!

Christmas eve I had to work.. but got off 3 hours early! We decided to just do Pizza as it was just me and Joe and Micaela..

soooooo... Micaela and I went to the local Pizzaria/taquiria.. (only in the central valley do they sell Tacos and Pizza under one roof!) We played a couple of games of pool.. (Micaela was shocked that her mother can play!)

took home the Pizza.. opened presents and watched x-mas movies snuggled under blankies!

Christmas morning.. Micaela and I had to get up at 4am to leave town by 5 to be at my stepdaughters at the coast by 8.. My stepdaughters, their hubbys, My oldest daughter and her hubby, my ex and his wife, Micaela and I and all 9 grandbabies.. the oldest is 8...

Sooo.. after a chaotic morning of chasing babies and opening presents I left Micaela to spend some time with her dad and drove back home.. It was wonderful to spend time with my girls though and the babies..

I was so exhausted I had to stop at the side of the road and take a nap.. I was literally falling asleep at the wheel.

Got home by 4.. Joe worked all day and we were going to go out to dinner.. No chance.. we were both so tired that we were asleep on the couch by 8!

Another year gone by.. wow..

I'm at work today prepping for the big New Years shindig we put on at work.. Only 2 hours and I'm heading home and back to bed!

Hope everybody had a great day!!

Hugs to you Annie.. and to all..
  6. zreenie

zreenie New Member

Hate to be a bummer but...I woke up at 6:00 AM and thought it was 3:00. I hadnt went to bed till 1:00 so when I couldnt go back to sleep I took an Ambien. When the kids woke me up at 7:00 I got up for the gift exchange and dont remember a thing about it. I can never get those memories back. My son is 13 and Grandsons are 2, 4, and 6. They will never be that age again. I hope next years better and Im still here.
  7. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

My kids got lots of goodies and my husband spoiled me too.

Went to church first thing Christmas morn. and came home and opened presents. It was different with going to church first but I liked it better that away. Plus now our Christmas pictures will look better. I have my hair done and make up on and the kids all had their hair brushed. lol

M
  8. darude

darude New Member

I got my online in pill form! Herea some info
    Powerful Aid for Mercury, Other Heavy Metals, Pesticides

Numerous research projects in the USA and Europe indicate that chlorella can also aid the body in the breakdown of persistent hydrocarbon and metallic toxins such as DDT, PCB, mercury, cadmium and lead, while strengthening the immune system response. In Japan, interest in chlorella has focused largely on its detoxifying properties -- its ability to neutralize or remove poisonous substances from the body.

This detoxification of heavy metals and other chemical toxins in the blood will take 3-6 months to build up enough to begin this process depending on the dosage of chlorella a person is taking. It is also this fibrous material that greatly augments healthy digestion and overall digestive track health.

Chlorella plays a particularly crucial role in systemic mercury elimination because the majority of mercury is rid through stool. Once the mercury burden is lowered from the intestines, mercury from other body tissues will more readily migrate into the intestines -- where chlorella will effectively remove it.

I was fortunate to team up with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, the world's leading authority on mercury detoxification, to write a ground-breaking paper that reviewed evidence supporting amalgam toxicity and described practical and effective techniques -- like the use of chlorella -- to facilitate mercury elimination. It was first published in the Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine in March of 2001, click here to read more.

How Does Chlorella Help Your Body?

Chlorella is comprised of a fibrous, indigestible outer shell (20%) and its inner nutrients (80%). It is the fibrous material that has been proven to actually bind with heavy metals and pesticides like PCBs, that can accumulate in our bodies.

A clean bloodstream, with an abundance of red blood cells to carry oxygen, is necessary to a strong natural defense system. Chlorella's cleansing action on the bowel and other elimination channels, as well as its protection of the liver, helps keep the blood clean. Clean blood assures that metabolic wastes are efficiently carried away from the tissues.

Will Chlorella Help Iron Overload?

While effective in removing mercury - Chlorella will not do the same for iron. Chlorella contains iron and will actually raise iron levels. Iron is potentially toxic because the human body has a limited capacity to excrete iron - causing it to build up in the body.

Iron is nature's rusting agent, and excess levels of iron in our bodies is one of the most potent ways that our body becomes oxidized, or prematurely aged. Iron is a catalyst in the formation of hydroxyl free radicals. These are the most dangerous and potent free radicals in the body as they attack cell membranes, fats, proteins and DNA. Iron is really the anti-antioxidant -- it does the exact opposite of an antioxidant.

Measuring your iron levels is a very effective way of maintaining your health. The best way to do this is through a measure of serum ferritin level in conjunction with total iron binding level. If your levels are too high, above 150, one way of treating elevated iron levels is by taking a simple extract from rice bran called phytic acid, or IP6. Not only is this an inexpensive solution, but also it doesn't require any prescription.

Chlorella is High in Chlorophyl to Help You Process More Oxygen

Chlorella gets its name from the high amount of chlorophyll it possesses. Chlorella contains more chlorophyl per gram than any other plant. Chlorophyl is one of the greatest food substances for cleansing the bowel and other elimination systems, such as the liver and the blood.

The problem we find here is that food greens contain less than half of one percent chlorophyll. Alfalfa, from which chlorophyll is commercially extracted, has only 8 or 9 pounds per ton, about 0.2% when extracted, and alfalfa is one of the plants highest in chlorophyll. Commercial liquid chlorophyll often contains only about 1% chlorophyll.

Green algae are the highest sources of chlorophyll in the plant world; and, of all the green algae studied so far, chlorella is the highest, often ranging from 3 to 5% pure natural chlorophyll.

Chlorella Will Improve Your Digestive System

Since chlorella has such a high chlorophyll content, people find chronic bad breath is often eliminated in just a few days on chlorella. Foul smelling stools are also greatly improved and chlorophyll has been attributed to relieving constipation.

Chlorella supplements can speed up the rate of cleansing of the bowel, bloodstream and liver, by supplying plenty of chlorophyll.

Contains Natural Digestive and other Enzymes

Chlorella contains enzymes such as chlorophyllase and pepsin, which are digestive enzymes. Enzymes perform a number of important functions in the body. In fact, you can not even blink without the presence of enzymes. Chlorella has many different types of enzymes that our bodies need.

It is essential that any algae you take is NOT freeze dried or pasteurized. If it is, then you have lost the crucial benefit of enzymes such as these.

Chlorella Is One Of The Most Scientifically Researched Foods In History!

Click on the link above and you will find abstracts of a few of the peer reviewed scientific articles documenting the incredible healing powers of chlorella. I have included a summary of the abstract with most of the articles.

Chlorella is Alkaline and Helps Balance Your Body's pH

It is important that we maintain a balance body pH of ideally about 7.2-7.4, which is about neutral. However, because of our poor diet of junk food, fast food, overcooked, processed foods, especially soft drinks which have a pH of 2.7, most of us are not balanced. The above foods are several thousand times more acidic than our bodies.

This is important because most diseases start and live and thrive in an acidic environment and do not live well in an alkaline environment. Cancer rates have risen steadily until now that fully one third of all people in the United States will get cancer in their lifetime!

The rise of fast, junk and processed foods match those of rising cancer rates. Thirty years ago, cancer in children was almost unheard of. Now they have entire hospital wards given over to children with cancer. Eliminating processed foods with whole foods like chlorella will help to virtually eliminate your risk of developing cancer in the future.

Increase Beneficial Good Bacteria in Your Intestine, Eliminate Bad Breath and Decrease Constipation

The fibrous materials in chlorella will also improve digestion and promote the growth of beneficial aerobic bacteria in the stomach. This is something you will notice about chlorella soon after first taking it.

When you eat chlorella the beneficial bacteria in your intestinal tract, like Lactobacillus, multiplies at four times the normal rate. This improves your digestion and your body's ability to take in nutrients greatly. Proper digestion, augmented with the necessary enzymes, is one of the keys to your great health!

Next page: Composition
  9. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My hubby and I were unable to travel down to see my family this year. He's had arthroscopy and I've got some strange flare going on in my knee. My adult son is at home and my daughter and SIL are coming with the grandkids today along with my hubby's parents.

BUTTTTTTT....we've had three fantastic days of absolute peace. Christmas day my son went to his girlfriends and hubby and I had Christmas Lobster for dinner.

This will all turn to chaos in a few hours but it was bloody nice while it lasted!

Hugs back to you Annie the Londoner

From Canbrit the Canuck!
  10. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

My Xmas was great but the day got too long for me. I am still struggling with how to manage the flow of this. We got up, opened present, then went to see King Kong in the afternoon. I keep referancing back to what I used to do, evaluating that level of activity, saying: "Oh that won't be hard" and now it is. The movie was great but just the effort to be there wiped me out. AND there was still the evening ahead. Once again I was in bed listening to the rest of the family laughing etc while I'm trying to learn to not do/rest. Gerrrrr! So it went well for everyone and I'm glad for that-but the effort, the result was off center for me. Even when it goes well, there is such a effort to all this - is there anyone out there who feels the same? Ana
  11. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Sounds like everyone had a good time for Christmas.

My husband, and I went to my brother, and sister-in-law's house, and my Mom was there too. That's all the family we have.

We had a nice lunch, and opened gifts.

My husband had a bad spell with his OCD Christmas afternoon after we left my brother's house. Unfortunately, I'm the one that catches it. Things make him angry when he's not doing well, and I get blamed for whatever it is. It's nothing new. He does pretty well most of the time, but I've noticed Holiday's are very hard on him. We very rarely ever have a holiday without an incident. This was also the first Christmas since his Mom passed away. That didn't help matters.

Needless to say, my Christmas was pretty much ruined. But, I have so much to be thankful for in so many ways, that I can't complain.

I didn't have to work the day after Christmas, and things were still not too good around my house. But, there was one bright thing in my day. I found my little chihuahua asleep in my bedroom lying on the floor in the rays of sun coming in the window. So, I got a pillow, and took a nap with her in the sun. She's a character, and makes me laugh.

Anyway, I got some good gifts - hope you all did too.

Your friend,

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2005]
  12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It was just our immediate family- no relatives were able to make it. But we enjoyed it. Our dinner included your recipe (I think it was yours?) for make ahead mashed potatoes. They were a hit! One of my twin boys said, "Wow, Mom, are these potatoes from the store?" That means he liked them better than mine! Thanks for the recipe!