soooooooooooo tired!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Jun 8, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I'm so sick of being tired! Every day, day in, day out, without fail, somedays worse than others, but the general feeling of fatigue every single day. It is wearing on me. The past few weeks have been worse. I've recently moved and I think I am doing a little too much. I feel like I could sleep a week!

I live my life in a blur cuz I'm so tired. My eyes are always half shut and I look drugged.

Anyone else here ever feel like they look drugged - or worse yet - been told they look drugged?

To complicate things - I am trying my best to work TWO jobs now. My son's graduation is this week, and his party is this weekend. Much to do, no time to sleep.

I'm going to need to take a vacation just to sleep.

I feel like I could literally fall down one of these days and never get up again.
  2. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

I can so relate to what you are saying about being sick of being tired, although I've not yet had the experience of someone saying I looked drugged, mercifully!

Moving is one of the most stressful things that you can do, remember. I moved just over a month ago from my flat into my new husbands and luckily I had some help, but even so it left me feeling drained. It sounds like you have a lot to contend with at moment, what with working two jobs. I can barely work the 22 hours in my ONE job at times.

A vacation of sleep sounds just like what you...and I need. Hope that you can get some time off for yourself soon. Take care of yourself.

Shaz
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh Shari, I know what that kind of TIRED feels like. It's awful! My arms, legs feel like they have 50 lb weights attached to them. I think I looked drugged at all, when I am not. Eyes are slits. Don't have the energy for conversation.

Trying to work is even harder. I work as well and I swear I could nap for hours every day.
    As a matter of fact, most weekends, I end up sleeping most of it away.

I fall asleep sitting up on the couch when I get home from work. Been SO tired that I usually can't change out of my work clothes.

I have Fibro, so I can't even imagine what people with CFS experience as I know their fatigue is worse.

PS I wholeheartedly agree - a great vacation to me is one that gives me the opportunity to sleep whenever I want.
    Get through the next week - then no more. Say "NO" to any unnecessary obligations. Sleep whenever you can. Someone else can help with meals and housecleaning. No rest is the worst for our bodies!

Janalynn
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Please consider Borrelia burgdorferi (a bacterial infection) and Babesia (a parasitic infection of the red blood cells) as the CAUSE of your terrible symptoms. They are often found together.

Here is some info to read:

Symptom list p 9-11, Info about Babesia and other coinfections p 22-27....

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Also read this...

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Shari having 2 jobs is alot in itself.

You may be taking on too much at once.

Congratulations to your son Graduating, that's wonderful.

Shari take care of yourself

Hugs
    Butterflydream
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

One job is 40 hours a week, scheduled hours. The other one is "in my spare time" as I can handle it. So I guess saying I have two jobs is stretching it a bit.
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

You may not "buy it", but it's a fact. I found this site. I read through the posts and I didn't think it was for me because of all that was going on. I didn't even know what GSE was, but I know it was brought up as the answer to everything and many commented that they were sick of it. I didn't say who was bringing it up all the time because I do not remember. I didn't know anyone back then. It's not important, but I certainly don't think that the person who was posting a lot would see it that way. Again, it could have been a few people - I really don't know.

It was such a big deal, that after just being diagnosed, (after I found out what GSE stood for), I immediately asked my Dr. about it. I'm just responding to your post.

Sorry Shari for changing the subject!!
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

No matter how many hours you put in at each job - it's still two different obligations you have. So I'd say you have two jobs. Don't minimize it.
    I had two jobs for two years. My main job had fairly flexible hours, I had to commit to certain hours and I worked from home the other hours, including doing some work in the evenings. The other the same, but I never knew when they would be, so I felt like a prisoner. My family actually convinced me that I HAD to give it up. I knew I should, but I thought I could handle it as well. It also provided me some extra income that we desperately needed.

Oh my gosh, the relief I felt when I finally let it go. Just having some more free time!! I was spreading myself too thin.

Medication - well don't we all wish we didn't need any medication. I'll tell ya, even though I don't get relief all the time, I'm darn thankful that I have the option to take something to help my symptoms!
  9. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

has made me retire from the workforce and still it rules my life...... You know what ven if you had time to sleep you wouldnt be able to LOL

Take care lovey
    angel hugs

Harmony21