Sophy ,i am having the same problem getting answers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Jun 14, 2003.

1. nje

nje New Member

hi, i`m not really all that new to the board ,at least not this time. i`ve been on for a month now,almost everyday,but the last 2 posts i had,i got about 6 or 7 emails, saying i had answer to my post. all but 2 were for someone else. they were on my e-mail,the post was mine,but the person that answered was answering someone elses post, i was and still am so confused. say for example, i had a reply that said mikie was answering my post but when i went to it,she was answering someone called horsegal,i also had 3 or 4 more this morning,saying they were answering my post,notttt1 they were answering under my post but to other people. now how about that? now i don`t know if i should bother posting anymore,somethings wrong with the messages or something weird. but the answere i have got off here in the past were helpful and the people were nice and friendly,i just wish i knew what was with the latest posts of mine,yesterday, the 13th and today the 14th june of course. if you or anyone else has had this problem let me know,ok?by the way, sophy, i`ll always look and see if someone posts for you,even if i don`t have your answer,when i see a post with 0 replies,it makes me feel sad for that person so i do try to post something.maybe because mine has looked like that before. oh well i`m going on and on,i need to hush and get off here and go to bed. hope you have better luck with your future posts as i do mine. (((hugs))) and prayers. nje
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

That is the way the board works. I don't like it
    either. SInce you started the thread, every answer
    that comes after it is considered as a reply to
    your post. This is true, but the computer doesn't
    know that they are answering someone else!!!
    I can usually tell because someone will mention
    someone else's name in the reply. Then I know,
    they are not for me.

I really wish we could reply to specific messages
    rather than just threads.

Don't give up. Weekends are slow and also I think
    the past several days have been slower than
    usual. I remember answering your message but
    I don't remember the topic!

Lynn
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you are having trouble with the mechanics of the board, just go to the link at the top that says; 'NEED MESSAGE BOARD HELP? CLICK HERE', you need to go to the webmaster for this type of problem.

As for replying to posts, we all try to answer as much as we can, but for the last few weeks the board has been so busy, that its hard to keep up for everyone.

If your post does not get a reply, then bump it back up, there is not a problem with that.

Take care, and I hope you have a goodnights sleep.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. nje

nje New Member

thanks for taking the time to reply to that. i was beginning to think i was reallyyyyyyyy going wacky. now i`ll know to look at the names good. this really is a good message board,nothings perfect,i`m just thankful we have somewhere to vent. nje (((hugs)))prayers.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Due to our tremendous growth. We have alot of new members and the posts are rolling over before people can even see them. Please bump others' posts if you see they have rolled over and have no responses.

With a few exceptions, our posts are probably receiving fewer responses on average than they used to. You are not alone. I am encouraging people to use the search feature to read old posts on topics in which they are interested or about which they are inquiring. Often, we have discussed something extensively in the recent past and members do get tired of answering the same questions over and over. Also, in the summertime and on the weekends, people have less time to respond.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  6. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    I'm glad you pointed out bumping others posts. It's a good idea that I will remember to do.
    I do search before I ask a question but at times I feel like I still don't understand or my question is a bit different so I'll ask it anyway.
    I hope people will understand. I am almost afraid to ask a question at times since it might be an "old" one.
    Ziggy
  7. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

This message board is good for "old info", but don't ask questions, because the "old timers" don't want to be bothered. The unfortunate thing, is that the newcomers usually don't know where to start. Just like a small child, a fm newbie is overwhelmed with thoughts and questions. Remember how our teachers use to say "Look it. It's in the book"? Maybe there should be a chat room just for newbies just to chat and toss around our frustrations. I can understand the "old timers" getting annoyed with our questions, but we need to be able to chat. I don't know about others that are rather new to the board, but sometimes asking a question helps us to feel that we are apart of this..a place to belong. I notice that the chat board is way too overloaded. I think it is best to keep intouch with this group for info. Just like we tell our youth...you can learn from us "old timers". There is alot of valuable info that comes along this board. I know it has helped me. Good luck. Ziggy, you need friends that can listen. Is there a local fm support group in your town/city?
  8. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

I don't usually have this problem except on one or two ocassios but I have read and seen others complaining about the same thing.I have made a few friends from being on this board and they have complained to me about the same thing.

The best thing is to bump up your message if you have no answers. Maybe someone will get tired of seeing your message with no answers that they will give you a answer.

I don't know about the old timers feeling that way but I would certainly hope that they don't. Its like learnng from your parents the older they get. The old timers have more information than the newbie's.

There are quite a few from this board who have listed themselves on the yahoo messenger and we have put each other on our buddy list. Than we can chat one to one. You might like to do that.

search for the yahoo messenger message and there you will find allot of the members yahoo id's and than you can put yourself on there. If you don't have a yahoo id just download the messenger and make a yahoo id.

Hope this helps.

Gentle Hugs,
    Janice
  9. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

There`s so many posts which I intend to answer then either haven`t the time, or get side tracked on another and forget, that I wish I had all day free.

I would like to say that I never tire of answering the same question - It has to be asked and I understand how newcomers can`t possibly know about the search feature.

It`s also nice to have the direct contact/response, as it`ll be the first time it`s from someone who understands the illness. Such a comfort.

There`s a number of oldies here so it`s shared out anyway.

Hope you`re having a good day.

Love Pat.