Sore Area on Top of my Head.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have fibro and cfs. I fell last year and suffered a bad concussion. At that time I experienced migraine headaches for a period of time.

My head has been tender lately. I touched the top, gently, today and it set off a horrible headache. It is sore and very tender. It runs from the crown of my head and several inches below. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my fibro or maybe myofascial pain?

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, do you know the cause of this? I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks! Kim

[This Message was Edited on 04/06/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2011]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I appreciate your knowledge BC! And so appreciate your comment regarding not using your head regularly! LOL Plead guilty to the same..

At least I won't mull around the thought of brain tumors anymore tonight! I did have post concussion syndrome and have noticed some problems come and go. And I do believe the fibro, and tender points are involved too. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Kim
  3. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

I DO GET THESE OFTEN. ABOUT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER. NONE OF MY 18 DOCTORS IVE SEEN HAS A REASON. GOOD LUCK
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've never figured out why. The sore spots eventually go away.

Love, Mikie
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for responding! After all of these years with fibro and this is the first time I've noticed these spots. Aren't we all a mixed bag with this DD?!

Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My docs and I know I have one of the chronic Herpes-Family viruses, probably EBV, CMV or HHV-6. It reactivates when I get run down. It may be the sore spots appear when the virus reactivates but not full blown. Right now, I'm very exhausted and on Acyclovir because it reactivated and affected half my head. Everything got sore and sensitive, even my eyeball on that side. It's taking a while to clear up and left me with a small cold sore in the corner of my mouth. I never get big cold sores, just the occasional small one when the virus reactivates. The cold sores are always small and never ooze or even scab over. They just hurt and feel a little crusty.

Stupid Nurse Ratchet put "Herpes Simplex" in my chart so now, I have to explain that I don't have genital Herpes to new docs. The ENT didn't believe me. She could have put "Herpes Simplex 1" if she were going to include it. Yikes! There is no shame in having genital Herpes but it shouldn't be in my records if I don't have it. Of course, these are the people who had, "Painful ejaculation" as one of my symptoms; I'm a female.

I don't know for sure if my theory is correct but the little painful areas hurt the same way as the larger areas hurt with a full-blown outbreak.

Love, Mikie