Sore, bleeding gums

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakedec, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

I have FM and have had problems on and off with sore, bleeding gums for years. Sometimes it gets so sore around my teeth that it hurts to eat. My dental hygiene is good. Has anyone tried vitamins or anything that helps this problem?
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

COQ10 from the health food store is known for helping. And using Grapefruit Seed tea as a mouthwash.

LIGHT********carole
  3. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

I just wanted to say that the Marshall Protocol has cleared up my gum problem. I used to bleed everytime I brushed and sometimes my gums would just start bleeding out of the blue. I had good dental hygiene and flossed and had regular dental cleanings but my gums would still bleed.

Now I can brush as hard as I want and there is no bleeding. Just another problem resovled by the MP. I am doing really well on the MP and I'm feeling better all the time.

Take care all.
    Judy
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

There is some research which indicates that green tea helps with gingivitis and prevents cavities. Co-Q10 is also supposed to be very good as someone posted, and Vitamin C also is important.

I should have gum disease but don't. I'm 54 and grew up terrified of dentists (bad experiences in childhood) so my visits to the dentist as an adult have been few and far between. I recently went (after a 5-year hiatus) and was astounded to learn that my gums were in good shape, and no cavities, etc. I had gone expecting the worst. I've been taking boatloads of supplements for a long time and figure that must be why they were in good shape.

I haven't taken Co-Q10 for awhile, so figure it must be the green tea. I don't know if that's it, but I do know green tea is very good for you, very high in anti-oxidants, anti-cancer properties, etc. I drink a little (a few cups a week) but I take a daily green tea supplement. My gums used to bleed regularly and they don't any more.

Also, if you smoke, smoking is very hard on your gums and greatly increases the need for vitamin C. I quit smoking 12 years ago.

I hope this helps --

Mary