***SORE, BURNING FEET sufferers!! FOUND QUICK RELIEF***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Many people post about burning feet. I used to get it seemingly out of the blue until I discovered high dose pantothenic acid (B5). But lately, since all our house renos and countless trips to toxic hardware stores, and being MCS too, when I go to the toxic reno house or shopping I get terrible burning feet.

Narcotics help w/ other fibro pain, but not this. I know it's a detox reaction, I used to get it all night if caught in heavy traffic or when I (used to) take deisel buses. As in keeping me up half the night because I can't get my feet comfortable in any position they are so painful. Drinking lots of water w/ extra vit. C, herbal teas like dandelion will help me detox to a certain degree, but also causes exhausting peeing spree. HOt foot soaks help a bit, but usually not enough for the work of it.

WHAT I DISCOVERED TONIGHT THAT QUICKLY WORKS MIRACLES IS HOT LEMON JUICE FOOT BATH. Just used a soup pot big enough for a foot, filled w/ hot water and added a generous sploosh of lemon juice.

I couldn't bring myself to use my expensive organic lemon, so I just used the cheapo lemon juice w/ the sulfites (that I'm sensitive to) and it was still great. I won't drink the stuff, but it's good enough for my aching feet.

Jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Jeanne:

Thanks for another one of your great remedies. I have burning feet on and off and would never have thought about lemon baths.

Most definetely will try it this week. Will let you know how it works for me.

Thank you Jeanne, your natural remedies are so useful.

Hugs,
    Francey
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

AAAHHHHH.

Jeanne
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

definitely going to try this. My husband always buys fresh lemons so I'll use them.

I bought the pantothenic acid but have only been taking the recommended one tablet 200mg. Can you tell me how much you used to take and did it help? I've found no difference so far.

Thanks
    Rosie
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Sorry, moving, busy, exhausted, almost let this slip. If you need B5, as in you are clumsy, forgetful, burning and/or sore feet, and somewhat depressed and jump at a hair trigger, then 200 mgs is a drop in a big bucket (of deficit). I take 1000-1500 mgs daily.

I used to just take it when the above symtoms cropped up bad, but now I just keep taking. I only found out recently that burning feet where a symtom of deficiency and clued in to why it's no longer a chronic problem. I used to have to crawl somedays, like humid weather streaks, it was that painful.

Jeanne
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

The lemon footbath is amazingly effective and very soothing. Also found out lately we tend to detox largely from the soles of our porous feet, and that's what causes such pain from an MCS detox like in my case when I get it. And apparently that extremity detox is implicated in gout too.

A milder detox reaction for me is to just have the tips of my toes and fingers ache, often my pinkies are the sorest. I guess that's all part of the skin being the largest organ of our immune system.

Jeanne
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

So many people post about this, and many here are chemically sensitive and must go through what I go through when allergen overload happens, so this is for you guys.

Maybe it sounds too easy. I'll take easy, whatever works.

Jeanne
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

on B5. I will up my intake.

I had a foot spa with lemon last night. I'm not sure whether a foot spa is good or if I should just soak my feet in warm water and lemon.

Have you had any experience of this?

Thanks
    Rosie
  9. MsBeaches

MsBeaches New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!First I thought I had atheletes foot, checked with doctor, no. He recommended an expensive nerve test for my feeet! Luckily, I read this first! Will try these rememdies first!!

Again! Thank you!

Kathy from Washington.
  10. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I too have burning feet (and every other foot pain there is). I'm going to give this a try!!!!

BxGirl
  11. Jeanne-in-Canada

Mxbeaches, Bxgirl,

I once ran the gamut w/ getting my feet checked out for various structural problems, and there are none. In the long run, it was largely B5 (pantothenic acid) deficiency, and acute attacks are a detox reaction.

I know what you mean, Bx, about every kind of foot pain, but at least now I have a way to relieve it much quicker.

I ran into the lemon detox advice in an article, may have found it on here, but it's posted in various threads (??) about the many uses of lemons in detoxing and purging the body inside and out. The recommendation was to rub fresh lemons on your soles, but that was too much like work, plus I had no fresh ones. And lo, the cheapo lemon juice works welll, and smells real nice while you are soaking. That's a big bonus for me, because lemon is a scent I love but don't have a problem with, and I'm mostly stuck using unscented products.

Hope it works, let us know.

Jeanne