sore glands & low grade fever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smalone, Jul 30, 2003.

1. smalone

smalone New Member

Just wondering if anyone else here has sore, swollen glands a lot. I have been having them about every month. Some months they hurt so bad in my neck that I require antibiotics to clear it up. I have CFS, mono and all other things have been ruled out. I wonder what are body is trying to do when our glands get so sore.

Also, about 3 weeks out of the month I carry a low-grade fever around 99.5 of an evening. I just wonder what really causes this about our illness?

Do these things get any better or just get worse. I'm 33 with 3 kids and it is so hard with CFS. I have only been diagnosed one year now.

I'd appreciate anyone's input.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And I believe those of us with CFIDS have stealth infections which make us chronically ill but which elude detection by the normal blood tests.

I pulse off and on with antibiotics for a mycoplasma infections and recently started pulsing Famvir for a Herpes-family virus which had evidently reactivated due to my run-down condition from fighting the Red Tide here and a mold outbreak under my sink.

Do a search here on mycoplasmas and you will learn a lot about these bacterial infections which the majority of us with these illnesses harbor in our bodies.

If you have mono, you could very well still be sick with the EBV and need antiviral meds. The HHV-6 and CMV are also some of the usual suspects in the Herpes family.

Swollen glands and chronic sore throats are not normal. I think they have become accepted symptoms in people with CFIDS and should not be. They are indicative of an underlying infection, especially with low-grade temps.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Smalone, welcome to the board. I have FM, not CFS so I do believe you received the best explanation from Mikie, who has both.

Just stopped to welcome you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. iconracr

iconracr New Member

My temp. all the time is 99.6 and my glands are swollen all the time. Not just in the neck but under the arms.

The worst since I live in Florida. The wrong T and ouch!!!