SORE SKIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MarieTourond, Aug 4, 2003.

1. MarieTourond

MarieTourond New Member

I don't know if this is the right board to be asking this, but I would like to know if there is anyone esle with FM that has sore skin.
    It even hurts when my little g-daughter gives me a hug and then the hurt goes to my heart.
    Is there anything that can be done for this?????? Pain killers do not help. If anyone puts their hand on my back, or puts their arms around me they have to be very gentle.
    Have been like this for years, a long time before they diagnosed me with FM, which I think I had for a long time before they diagnosed me.
    Thank you for any help anyone can give me on this situation.
    hugs Lee
  2. arod59_2

arod59_2 New Member

you are not alone! im like that to an iv'e heard others say the same. i feel like a baby when someone accidently bumps me or something cause it hurts so bad,but it's just another affect of fm.hope this helps some.
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

With me the skin sensitivity also varies from time to time and also from place to place on the body. My arms are very sensitive. It feels like there is a bruise under the skin but there is no visible bruising. One of my daughters is very "huggy" and likes to come up and give me a big bear hug, and I just cringe when I see it coming! A big (gentle) hug to you. libra55
  4. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I also suffer sore skin.I cant stand anyone touching me and i seem to bump into things or knock myself and it can bring tears to my eyes.Thats why i feel safer at home and cant stand crowds of people in case they bump into me.
    WE SHOULD BE WRAPPPED IN COTTON WOOL LOL
    RENA XXXXX
  5. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

hi .... as you can see from the post .... your not alone... my skin hurts alot of the time....even when wind hits it... feels like when i have the flu...even my "hair" hurts.... fuzzy hugs!!!!!!! elizabeth
  6. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

I've been touch sensitive for years! I new it had something to do with FM and wondered if others felt this symptom as well. I bruise easy an it takes days or weeks for them to fade too! The worst part is that I have poor balance and often missjudge how close to things, like tables, doorways etc.. and bump into them! OH the pain!!

Your not alone,
    Rachel

[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
  7. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

I wouldn't let anyone touch me for years. Now, I've been married for almost two years and have a six year old that lives with us. I just explained to him his muscles were getting SO strong that he has to give me easy hugs and he does. My husband helps remind him by joking about me being an old lady. I am 35 and neither of them think of me that way but, my step son will come to my defense & just say I'm a fragile lady. Anyway, it's nice that we can talk & joke about it. It helps to get through things more easily that way.

Lisa
  8. MarieTourond

MarieTourond New Member

Thank you for all your replies as it is good to know that I am not alone in this situation. My varies also, but mostly the back is sensitive. I too walk into things and seem to walk a lot like I am leaning towards the right not straight up and that is when I walk into things.
    I bruise very easy too and sometimes find bruises that just appear there from nothing at all.
    I will never understand this FM thing no matter what there is always something new every day practically.
    hugs to all Lee
  9. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

For many years before I was diagnosed, if my husband grabbed my arm I'd scream, and he'd tell me "you're so sensitive"! I couldn't understand why it hurt, but it did. Now I know why! If someone grabs my arm or pokes it, it really hurts. I love being hugged though, and that doesn't hurt. I've lately found that if I just touch my legs in various spots, I'll feel pain and a small red mark appears. Also, sometimes my skin feels like it's burning, like when you have a bad sunburn. I just don't understand all of this.....

Annette2