sore spot of ball of foot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aisling13, May 10, 2003.

1. Aisling13

Aisling13 New Member

I have a very sore callous on the ball of my foot below my second toe. It is close to where my arch starts. I realy don't want to pester my rhumatologist with this. Can anyone help? Some days I can barely walk. I can actually feel a big knot on my right sole and on my left I have a few knots. Sometimes these spots burn.
  2. kalina

kalina New Member

Aisling, it sounds to me like you probably have a plantar wart. They're pretty common, and the ball of the foot is a very popular place for these to appear. I had one in that same spot several years ago, and what you describe sounds very similar. It almost felt like I had a small BB buried just below the surface of my foot. A dermatologist froze mine off, which didn't really hurt. It was a bit painful walking on it for a couple of days, but it was a good, quick way of taking care of the problem. You could also try OTC remedies, but these will take longer to work.

Kalina
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Either a stress fracture or a neuroma. In either case, see the doc about this. I've had both and there is relief.

Love, Mikie
  4. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I've had both too & just had my neuroma removed last Nov. They dx it by injecting steroid at the base of toes - if feel pain relief for a day or so it is probably a neuroma.
    Good Luck,
    Darla
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The shot actually cured my neuroma. It relieved the inflammation enough so that the neuroma could stop hurting. I also started wearing lower heeled shoes, so that probably helped. A few years later, I had to have a hammer toe on that foot repaired and I believe the hammer toe had been pressing on all the other toes, squeezing the neuroma.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]