Sore spots on chest anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Line, May 21, 2006.

1. Line

Line New Member

Does anyone else have sore spots on their upper chest and breasts almost all the time. Sometimes you do not even know they are there until you touch yourself, lay on your stomach etc. I have been dxed with MPS, FM and Costo but just had a mri done of the cervical and have a lot of arthritis and nerve root compression.I also have fibrocystic breast disease, but wonder if that could make your upper chest sore.

Sometimes these sore spots get really painful other times, like the last few days I feel like I am black and blue, they wax and wan thoughtout the day and also move.I use to only have them on my left now they are on both sides. Forget a bra even clothing makes me sorer at times. Even moving your arms makes it hurt worse.

I read where costro usually affects the left side only and also read now they are saying that costo is fm of the chest wall.

Been to the Er with this already and had ekg's in the Dr. office with this. Just had a echo done everything was in normal limits.
    My Dr. told me if you press on the sore area and it hurts like h---, it is muscular, but sometimes my entire upper chest gets sore from one side to another.

Anyone else have this often?

Thanks, Linda

P>S> I am scheduled for a routine mammo on weds. and really dread going.

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2006]
  2. jole

jole Member

It's part of the ole FM game. Just more trigger points, and I am often sore on the upper chest area and even in the axilla. It comes and goes, but is worse when the other muscle pain is present.

There is just no end to the "places we never knew we had" until they all start hurting, right?

Mine are definitely bad today, along with the neck, head, upper back and legs. Not a good day for me.

Wishing you luck with your mammo.

Friends - Jole
  3. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I have them all over my back and neck. None on my chest tho. Not sore to touch anyway. I have spots on my back that feel like they are bruised, terribly painful to touch, but nothing there. Trigger points? Pattie
  4. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

All over both sides of my chest. I just posted about this the other day, that sometimes it makes it difficult to even breathe. :(
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Yes, my chest stays so sore that it's all I can do to bathe it. I do not touch my chest, otherwise. Some spots in breast but most of the pain in chest. Just can't stand to touch myself; but....there are more parts of my body that are very sore to the touch as well like upper arms, hips, buttocks, and legs. I don't see how I survive but again, only touch myself when bathing.

I hope your mammo will be fine,

BlueSky555
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes. I get these too. They feel exactly like a bruise feels, but no evidence of a bruise. They come and go.

Kriket
  7. Cycie

Cycie New Member

Hi Linda

I have this all the time and I get some ease, my Massuer told me to massage my chest with the bar of soap while showering, it hurts somewhat, but no pain no gain they say don't they, but it does help.

Anyway worth a try, all things help some of us and not others.

I wish you Luck with your Mammo. Good vibes coming your way

Take care
    Cycie
  8. Line

Line New Member

It always makes you feel better to know you are not alone, even tough I would not wish these dd's on anyone.

I read that costochondritis is actually FM of the chest wall a few places, one was a site by Travell and Simons. I am not really in agreement as FM is suppose to be non-inflamatory and costo is. Who knows all I know is it hurts.I do believe a lot of FMERS suffer from costo as well as myofascal pain.

Hugs, Linda

9. knitfan

knitfan New Member

I couldn't believe you posted exactly what I have been having for several weeks/months now. I am 51 and have anxiety also, which i had attributed to this type of pain, but it has gotten more pronounced since 6 weeks ago and I have noted that it usually happens when the other parts of my body hurt too. Not always, but usally. I have worried 24/7 at times about heart attacks and whatnot but had a complete physical in January with an ekg that was normal. I don't have health insurance any more so cannot afford any further heart testing. I had never heard of fibro attacking the chest wall but thought MAYBE that might be it. And then I read your post today and find your symptoms are almost identical to mine.
    Thanks for posting this, as now I won't be so afraid and realize that it more than likely is fibro.