sore throat and voice change

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jacky, Dec 15, 2002.

1. jacky

jacky New Member

hi am new i was recently diagnosed with fms can anyone tell me if they had sore throat and had voice change thanx
  2. jacky

jacky New Member

hi am new i was recently diagnosed with fms can anyone tell me if they had sore throat and had voice change thanx
  3. tes

tes New Member

Hi and welcome to this board. You will find the most informative people and help here. I have fm and battle daily with my voice and sore throat. I always wake up with a sore throat and I have alot of hoarseness with my voice. It is definetly a symptom of fm. Welcome again and take care.

Tes
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Jacky, welcome to our world. You know, I do have a deep voice, and it has gotten to the point that when I answer the phone, people think I am a man! I never thought of this in relation to Fibro, but maybe you have a point with this.

In the morning I do have to keep clearning my throat, its not really sore, but unconfortable. I keep a warm mist vaporizer going all night and sometimes during the day too because of this.

I do gargle with half vinegar and warm water, this does help.

I understand that CFS suffers do have sore throat often.

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2002]
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have CFS and FM and right now my throat is really sore. It has been like this for almost a week now and I'll gladly give it up anytime!

Barbara
  6. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I have CFS and my throat gets sore from time to time...also very dry...could be my meds. I drink lots of liquids. I also have noticed over the last few years, my voice is deepening, (have Thyroid Disease also), so don't know if it's the CFS or the thyroid, but I used to sing soprano, now I'm an alto.

1Writer
  7. sheri

sheri New Member

welcome! as to the throat issue, I often have sore throat. I thought it was from reflux, or drainage(lots of that), but my husband has for the past year or more has told me to speak up! So either he is getting harder of hearing or I am using a lower voice (to avoid strain on vocal chords)? I heard the reflux damages them and I noticed over the past two years so much difference in my singing. Today in church when we went to any note lower than middle c, I seemed to only be able to mouth it. Also , very high notes are gone...
    I guess as long as I make a joyful noise, its ok. A little sad, I like singing. Anyway, yes to the sore throat. blessings, sheri
  8. dlizard

dlizard New Member

AND its back again. in my case,,,,I had polyps growing on my vocal cords and had them removed twice now... I have a freind that has had this done 7 times now in 3 years... you guys need to go see an ENT doc and have it looked at... hoarseness is a BIG symptom and a problem... my growths were so big the first time that the doc said he'd never seen anything so big.. this time they looked like fingers he said... the problem here is that you won't breathe right if you have this.... I had to cough alot and clear my throat alot and got very hoarse... almost to the point of not talking... soooo now ladies... go check it out! and good luck!!
  9. sybil

sybil New Member

i had..'perfect pitch' and never had trouble with my voice.but since i started with FMS my voice gets croaky and sometimes my throat is sore.
    when i try to sing,my voice disappears when i try and reach the top part of the scale,

sybilxxx
  10. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I can only reach lower registers now, too and it sometimes just makes me cry. Yesterday, I was playing my Christmas CD's and trying to sing along with Barbra and I had to sing the alto parts...soooooo sad for me...I feel for you and Jackie and all the rest of us that can't sing anymore like we used to.

1Writer
  11. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

HELLO,
    JUST HAD SURGERY FOR INLARGED LYMPH NODES AND SALIVA GLAND
    THERE IS A DESEASE THAT OFTEN ACCOMPANIES RHUMATIC DESEASES
    CALLED, SJOGRENS, ANND IT CAUSED YOUR MOUTH ANS MUCUS MEMBRAINS TO BE DRY, WHICH WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF SORE THROATS. IT ISN'T ESPEECIALLY DANGERIOUS, MOR BOTHERSOME. IF YOU GET SOME SUGAR FREE LOSENGES, ANS DRINK A LOT OF WATER IT HELPS. THERE ARE MANY THINGS NOT RELATED TO FMCFS THAT WE FAIL TO SEE BECAUSE THE DESTRESS OF ONE OUT WEIGHS THE OTHER. LOTS OKF INFO HERE AND WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. WELCOME TO THE SITE.
    1MAQT
  12. Anjee

Anjee New Member

Hi Jacky,
    I have had a sore throat for years. I have CFS and Fibromyalgia. My doctor says my throat swells up and hurts because I have Epstein Bar Virus...I've had it for 8 yrs. I had mono back then....never seemed to go away. My doctor says it is a sign for me to rest and drink plenty of fluids. So, when my throat flares up...I know it's time to take a breather for a couple of days.
    Take care.
    Anjee