Sore throat, blisters on roof of mouth...viral?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Lendi, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

My throat is sore, not unusual, but it's really sore and hurts all the way down, but only on the left side going toward the middle. Also, on the outside of my neck. There is a ridge of blisters/sores on the roof of my mouth. All came on within a few hrs. I had a fever blister last week and some canker sores. All went away. Could this be another virus from the first one? I haven't eaten anything unusual nor am I taking a different med.
  2. Lexied

Lexied New Member

In response to your sore throat symptoms - I was wondering if you have also had swollen glands on either side of your neck. I have been having extemely painful glands that flare up when I am run down or under a lot of stress. I read somewhere that it could be a symptom of FM but I can't seem to get any answers from my doctors about what I can do about it. One doctor even told me that it was a pulled muscle (Ha) I hope that you are feeling better and if you feel like it let me know if you have had the same problem.
    God Bless You!
  3. TinysMom

TinysMom New Member

HI---I HAVE HAD A MILD SORE THROAT AT TIMES, BUT MY SISTER, WHO ALSO HAS THIS DD, ALWAYS GETS A VERY SORE THROAT AND BLISTERS IN HER MOUTH JUST BEFORE A FLARE--WITHOUT FAIL. I ALSO HAVE THIS DD, AND I DO HAVE THE SWOLLEN GLANDS ON THE SIDE OF MY NECK--WITH ME IT IS THE RIGHT SIDE--AND MY JAW LINE AND TEETH ON THAT SIDE ARE VERY SENSITIVE, TO THE POINT OF PAINFUL AT TIMES, THEN SUDDENLY, AFTER 3 TO 5 DAYS, IT GOES AWAY, ONLY TO RETURN IN ABOUT 2 OR 3 MONTHS. VERY WEIRD, BUT SO IS THIS DD!!!!! I DO AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT, LIKE ANY NEW TROUBLESOME SYMPTOM. IT IS TOO EASY TO BLAME EVERYTHING ON FIBRO BECAUSE IT CAUSES SO MANY WEIRD ACHES AND PAINS! GOOD LUCK IN FINDING IF THERE IS A CAUSE, AND HANG IN THERE--TINYSMOM
  4. Lendi

Lendi New Member

That's it exactly. And, I am under quite a bit of unusual stress, plus had an unavoidably long weekend. Well, I guess I get to add this to my list of symptoms for this DD. I will get in touch with my Dr., and see, but I feel much better knowing this seems to be "normal" for us. Thanks
  5. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Lendi: I have always suffered from severe canker sores (since age 2 and I'm now 47), but over the past 7 years or so I have also been plagued with wierd blisters/sores on the roof of my mouth that last a few days and can be quite painful. I can tell one is starting because the area feels "puffy" and then it kind of opens up (gross, I know). I've always been told the canker sores were a viral thing my body "just had" and would probably always have. They are usually caused by stress: example - had 8 sores within a week of my father passing away. I've only had about 5 fever blisters my whole life. I'm pretty sure this is just another symptom of this DD, but it can really be irritating. I would definitely have the doc check your throat, though, to make sure you don't have thrush or something similar. I've had that a couple of times, but I think it was when I was on steroid medication. P.S. For canker sore relief, try OTC Orobase with benzocaine. It's a thick, gritty paste that stays on the sore for hours and promotes healing and takes the pain away completely. Good luck.