Sore throat??? Extreme dizziness??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Jun 6, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Lately I have been having a constant sore throat. How many suffer from this? What is your dx?

I also have had extreme dizziness (not vertigo, I believe that is when you feel like you are spinning) where I can hardly do a thing. Do you suffer from this? What is your dx?

Thanks for feedback!
    Hope
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I think you might have it backwards....vertigo isn't when you feel like spinning, dizzyness is.

I just really wanted to bump this for you so others can see it.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

is a common symptom of CFIDS. When I get a sore throat it is a sure sign that I have pushed myself too far.
  4. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

It is funny that you said dizziness is a way our body is telling us we dont have enough oxygen. I went to a chinese medical doctor this week and she looked at my nails and they look purple and she said that I wasn't getting enough oxygen.

I had this in the very beginning of my illness 2 1/2 years ago for several months but it stopped until now. I think oxygen does play a big part in this!

My blood pressure is not high, it is normal 120/70.

Thanks for all of the replies thus far!
    Hope
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was pleased to see you back on the board. I had wondered where you were and how you were doing. It sounds as if you finished???your Lyme injection course?

I get dizzyness and sore throat a lot. I also wanted to say that veryigo it feels as if the room is falling away and as if you are about to fall as a typical symptom and dizzyness feels a little as if you are lightheaded, a drifty type of rolling feeling. The two are similar with vertigo being far more severe, like you literally dare not move with vertigo.

Now about a year ago, I awoke one morning with the left side of my head numb. I went to doctor who said it looked like a nerve issue, BUT she said she was ill as were half her staff with vertigo! She sent me for a scan and whilst I was having it, this was about two weeks later, wham, I then got vertigo that lasted about 9 months. Now when I say lasted, with the Meclazine(motion sickness pills) I could reduce it to "just" dizziness(LOL)24 / 7. Then, in February
    I took antibiotic for a UTI and the extreme vertgo and dizziness went away.

However, since then I get a dizzy feeling several times a day. Not as bad as it was, once or twice I had only one spell a day. The sore throat comes and goes.

I tried valium and it seems to make the dizziness initially better but then I get very tense when it wears off(one milligram only) I tried 5mg Amitryptiline and that makes me really weird in the head during the day. So I am not taking anything really, yet still get the dizziness.

It is worse when I am indoors.

I read another of your posts when you said you were crying a lot and I wanted to ask you if the whole situation that was so bad you were going through has gotten any better at all. I had posted for you a few times when you first seemed to be off the board, as I had been concerned about you, you had such a lot going on to deal with. I hope you are ,maanging a little better now, and that you are able to work and was able to keep your home etc. Do bring us up to date.

Love Anne Cromwell
  6. JulieO

JulieO New Member

I don't know about the sore throat, but I wanted to add a possibility for the dizziness. It's just something I experienced a while back and wasn't necessariy directly related to my fibro/CFIDS.

Back in the fall, I was experiencing extreme dizziness. I could barely walk and within several days, I was blacking out everytime I stood up. It was one of the most horrible experiences. It wasn't getting any better so I called my FFC dr and one of the nurses said that it could be a middle/inner ear infection. She instructed me to go to my primary care doctor, but I lived upstairs at the time and couldn't walk 2 feet, much less get down the stairs to go to a dr. I waited a couple of days, hoping it would go away(didn't). It was a weekend (of course) and I called my dr on the emergency line and he misunderstood my request to call me in some antibiotics (probably b/c I was crying somewhat hysterically).

Anyway, I managed to sort of scoot/crawl down the stairs (must have been a beautiful sight for all) and my husband took me to one of those emergency care places and she diagnosed it as a middle or inner ear infection(i can't remember which) and gave me anti-biotics and some of that motion medicine someone already mentioned. After several days into the antibiotics, it got better and by the time I finished taking them all, it was gone.

So, your issue could be *completely* different but I just wanted to mention what happened to me in case it is that simple.

I do experience occasionally dizziness on a fairly regular basis (not to that degree) and I suspect it is from the medications I am taking. It's bearable though.

I hope you get better,
    Julie