Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Mar 25, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

OMG - I am taking my narcotics - high dose too - and I still cant get rid of this PAIN!!

Whether it is an infection or not - wouldnt narcotics take away the pain???
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry that you are having so much pain.

I can't speak for narcotics, but I know that neurological (nerve) pain is not helped by typical meds.

If you have swollen lymph nodes and sore throats, I would urge you to consider that you may have a chronic bartonella infection.

Bartonella infection is common and also frequently found in people who have a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme).

Please read the symptom list on pages 9-11 and the specific bartonella info (and other coinfections like babesia, ehrlichia) is found on pages 22-27.....

Hope you feel better soon.
  3. loto

loto Member

I don't know what you're taking, but when my daughter had strep throat a couple of months ago, the doctor prescribed her a steroid pack to take also, because her throat was very swollen, and within 2 days the swelling was gone.

Wonder if this would help with Lymph nodes????
    I have no idea.

4. windingdown

windingdown Member

OH WOW IM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS AND ONLY ONE DAY AFTER YOU POSTED!!! I have been suffering from swollen lymph nodes for 2 years in July 2008, I have been searching every week since trying to find help!!

I came down with terrible swollen lymph nodes, in the beginning I evenfelt it in the back of my skull felt like it was being clamped in a vise. After 2 weeks of this I went to my Dr.. I was treated by my Regular Dr for a sinus infection two rounds of antibotics, nothing got any better. He suggested I go to an ENT. So off I went to an ENT and spent thousands of dollars on testing scans with and without contrast and other tests only to be told nothing wrong with me. Prior to this problem I have had my thyroid tested every 6 months for 6 years since I was always so tired and had weight again but again normal ranges in the labs. I cant lose weight no matter how much I try, but at least I no longer am gaining weight as long as I eat right.

The frustrating thing is about 8 months ago I started getting a sore throat a long with my swollen nodes. I mean COME ON when will it stop!! I had to take motrin daily along with VICODIN to survive each day. After two years I guess my body is getting used to the pain since I can get a way with only Motrin most of the time. I still feel the pain it just takes the edge off. ITS SO hard to life a normal life with pain around your head, so bad I have to tell you all I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy! WHAT CAN BE HAPPENING? I have looked up everything that is associate with my problem and the only thing that comes close to all my problems is chronic fatique syndrome, I was suffering from many of the problems associate to CFS before the sore throat and swollen nodes. I also had gotten really really bad allergies past 5 years went form mild to OH MY GOSH type of allergies. I spent 12 hours or more in bed every 24 hours, no Dr can help me they just say ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.. yeah my neck!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ANYONE CAN YOU SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS? THANK YOU and GOD BLESS
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

You are describing the same vise-grip head and neck pain that I have had for 2 years.

I had a FM diagnosis for 21 years before discovering I really had a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) and coinfections.

I tested positive for Bartonella and negative for babesia although my Lyme literate MD says I may still have Babesia.

I found a lyme literate MD and am getting better with long term combination antibiotic therapy.

Many people with FM or CFS diagnoses later found that they really had Lyme (a complex bacterial infection) and coinfections.

Your swollen lymph nodes sound like Bartonella. Your chronic fatigue sounds like lyme and babesia.

99% of Dr's do not know how to recognize, diagnose or treat these chronic infections.

Testing is poor and often shows negative results even when you really do have the infection(s).

I strongly urge you to read the following info...

symptom list p 9-11......coinfection symptom info p 22-27......

I also urge you to go to on flash discussion....sign up for free.....go to the Medical Questions board and read posts and post questions regarding the history of your illness and your symptoms.

Lyme is a clinical diagnosis, based on history and symptoms, not a lab test. Most Dr's do not understand this. Instead they run a lab test, see a negative result and say "you don't have lyme.".......which is dead wrong.

All the best to you. I hope you get some real answers and recover.