Sore Throat Off to Dr Again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lassiecass, Oct 17, 2002.

1. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi All,
    I haven't posted in a long while because of working full time again. I keep having this throat thing and coughing at night. I am still running fevers now and then and now their is a spot at the front of my neck that is painful all the time. I am wondering if this could be the thyroid as I have Graves disease. Anyone else with this problem? Off to the Dr. again, I really don't like to go unless the problem gets really bad as it is now. Have a pain free day.
    Good thoughts to all,
    Sandy
  2. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi All,
    I haven't posted in a long while because of working full time again. I keep having this throat thing and coughing at night. I am still running fevers now and then and now their is a spot at the front of my neck that is painful all the time. I am wondering if this could be the thyroid as I have Graves disease. Anyone else with this problem? Off to the Dr. again, I really don't like to go unless the problem gets really bad as it is now. Have a pain free day.
    Good thoughts to all,
    Sandy
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

its grate that your working ft agin.i dont have the neck promblem but i just wanted to say good luck at the dr
    and also with your graves do you have alot of promblems with your eyes? aunt also has graves alot of eye surgreys just curious
  4. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi AllHart,
    Thank you for responding to my post. I have been a little scared about the throat pain because a cousin of mine has throat cancer. My Dads entire family died of cancer, 3 brothers including him and his sister. The Doc thinks maybe the new asthma inhaler will help. I hope so, I have never had asthma so I am a bit confused.
    Yes, the Graves has affected my eyes. No surgery as of yet, I keep my fingers crossed.
    Thanks again for responding, sometimes I feel so alone in this struggle. I am not really fit for fulltime work but my husbands partner retired and he needs more than just himself to run the shop. It is a small Mom and Pop store, the kind that are disappearing from the American scene.
    Have a great night.
    Fibro Hugs,
    Sandy
  5. CLRDAY

CLRDAY New Member

I too have sufferred with sore throats all my life. In fact I had my tonsils out four times as a child yet many many years later the problem continues. I read on IMMUNE SUPPORT that sometimes sore throats respond to Phosphorus. Soft drinks, physical replacement drinks and bananas are good sources. I tend to use the bananas - at least one a day, and it keeps the doctor away.....!
    CLRDAY
  6. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

please try not to worry. I know how that cancer thing always seems to come to mind when we have things come along. But sore throat seems to be a biggy with some and these diseases..so try not to worry. I wish I had something helpful to say..will say a little prayer that all comes out fine for you.
    Congrats on working again..do not over do it..and if I lived near you and your husband..I would patronize your shop..you are a dying breed and our country is the worse for it.
    Have a comfortable night Lassie..still