Sore throat with white spots anyone????????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumy, Dec 9, 2002.

1. pumy

pumy New Member

Hey everyone,
    Has anyone had a sore throat with white spots? I do
    and my first thought is strep throat. I don't feel that bad. I thought with strep you ran a fever, felt quite ill.
    I have a scratchy throat feel a little off but most days
    now I don't feel very well so it's hard to tell. Has this happened to anyone else. I'm thinking it' probably a virus.
    Has this happened to anyone else??????????????????????????
  2. pumy

pumy New Member

Hey everyone,
    Has anyone had a sore throat with white spots? I do
    and my first thought is strep throat. I don't feel that bad. I thought with strep you ran a fever, felt quite ill.
    I have a scratchy throat feel a little off but most days
    now I don't feel very well so it's hard to tell. Has this happened to anyone else. I'm thinking it' probably a virus.
    Has this happened to anyone else??????????????????????????
  3. cls

cls New Member

strep throat is not always painful. you should have your md check the throat and decide if culture is needed.
  4. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Yes, some can have strep and not know it's strep..But you really should be checked with the white spots..
    Wishing you the best.........Take Care........Donna
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

usually mean infection. I know it's possible to have strep without having the usual symptoms: pain, swollen glands, fever, vomiting, rash, etc. One of my kids has had it a few times without experiencing those symptoms, actually had symptoms of ear infection and upon exam by the Dr., the throat had pus pockets and culture proved strep.
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

hi pumy
    im always getting that i usally take a q-tip and scape them off and gargle with proxcide and warm waterfor a few days,it usally helps but i cant recommend it because my dr told me it could be dangerous , but i was sick of getting strep test every month or so
    so ill let you decide
    hope you feel better soon
    kara[This Message was Edited on 12/09/2002]
  7. sybil

sybil New Member

my late father had that when young.but if you are well enough to type and you are not seriously ill,i presume it can't be that!
    but it is worth seeing your doctor,it could be a throat infection that needs antibiotics,

sybilxxx
  8. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

Pumy,

I have had the white spots at the back of my throat for years. A couple of times over the years, I went to the doctor to have a throat culture done for strep. It came back negative each time.

I have recently started doing research about yeast and candida infections. I believe mine is thrush from yeast overgrowth. I'm going to discuss this when I visit my rheumy this week.
  9. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

Ahve you mad an appointment w/ your doc. It is very common to have Strep and not have a sore throat.. but you have to have it cultured to know for sure.. Get to the doc!!!