Sore throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen128, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Jen128

Jen128 New Member

I know sore throat is one of the symptoms for CFS. Does anyone have any recommendation to help relieve a sore throat? I know lemon is suppose to help, but any others? Has anyone tried Throat Coat tea?
  2. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

Yes Jen,

I have tried the Troat Coat tea. It helps for a while. I think just drinking something warm or hot helps. I use the honey-lemmon throat lozenges as well when it really hurts.
  3. codinqueen

codinqueen New Member

Yes, Jen, I know how you feel. I have sore throat often due to obstructive sleep apnea and snoring. Also, since I have constant chronic sinusitis from my allergies, I find I breathe with my mouth open at night, and that dries out the throat, causing soreness. I have found that the addition of a warm or cool-mist humidifier running at night keeps the pain to a minimum, and I agree that the Throat Coat Tea you can buy at the health food store is another help.Your Dr can give you a script for a spray or gel of Lidocaine to spray on your throat, or to swallow, but it numbs your tongue and tastes like the devil, so the sore throat is actually less trouble than Lidocaine preparations.